Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is needed to put a 98 cobra motor in a 96 cobra body as far as fuel system is concerned, any help would be apreciated

·
Registered
331 Posts
They are the same engine both 32 valve mod motors. The system you have or had should work

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, i know the engine is the same, but i beleive the 96-97 had a return style fuel system but the 98 and later had a returnless fuel style system, and was wondering what was needed, if anything,for the swap, please correct me if i'm wrong :headscratch:

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
why are you swapping? Why not do a rebuild of what you have and put forged internals inside for a bullet proof ride?

·
Registered
331 Posts
ok, i know the engine is the same, but i beleive the 96-97 had a return style fuel system but the 98 and later had a returnless fuel style system, and was wondering what was needed, if anything,for the swap, please correct me if i'm wrong :headscratch:
I know the new mustangs are returnless but not sure if 98 is. I should know because I own one. Never the less if it worked on the 97 it will work on the 98 motor. The block is the same and does not care what the fuel system is only what computer you have.
If you have a 97 computer then use the 97 fuel system.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I know for the GT's 98 is when they became returnless, should be the same for the Cobra's. If you put the 98 in the 96 and use the 96 parts, you will be fine. Like mentioned, the engines are the same so that means the 96 fuel rails and so on will work on the 98. You will still have a return style setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.