Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ex found my old book i was given by the PO of my 1954 Chevy Panel truck, that i bought in 1976. Motors Auto Repair Manual. "KEEP 'EM ROLLING" WITH MOTORS MANUALS on front cover. 2nd printing - 16th edition. Not bad shape either. 100% readable.

"This book gives specific instructions on the removal, replacement, fitting and adjustment of mechanical parts on all cars built from 1935 to date." (Last info/listings i see are 1953.)

Index: Crosleys, DeSoto, Henry J, Hudson, Kaiser, La Fayette, La Salle, Nash, Packard, Studebaker, Terraplane and Willys.

Those are the ones i either dont know or barely heard of. I listed 12 above but there are 24 different cars in total. Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Ford etc

Nice find huh? Too bad it doesnt include Mustangs! The ex told me it might take 3-4 years to get all my stuff - its been over a decade. lol

Edit: If anyone needs any info on a car, feel free to send me a PM & ill do the best i can to find your answer. Ken

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I have a small collection of Motor's manuals. I love them! Especially for the tabulated spec data. 35-53 nice find!

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
great book ken! a friend of mine pasted away a couple of years ago and left me a ton of stuff, i have not even gone through all of it yet. but there are several MOTORS MANUALS from the 30s/40s/50s and i have my own collection from the 50s and 60s.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im glad i got it BUT, I was hoping it was a rare find & i could sell it and retire as a millionaire! Guess not :heha:

·
Registered
4 Posts
According t o my view, One of my friend has a hobby of collecting the Motors Auto repair manual, But he also find 1935-1953 manual. I think it will be available at the library or while searching through the particular websites also. Please find the attachments about the topic to view detail information.

Omaha Brakes
Tires Omaha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts