Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!

A mouse got into my 2016 Mustang GT, It made a nest in the glove box. I get into the car now and it says key not recognized and wont start. I tried the key in the cup holder with no luck. The fob also unlocks the doors. Anyone know where I should start to troubleshoot what the mouse could have eaten. Is the BCM where the signal from the key goes?

·
Super Moderator
4,323 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your Account Settings.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Super Moderator
8,288 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Texas. It sounds as if you might have some wiring damage.

First thing is evict the mouse and clean out the mess. The second thing is inspect the wiring to determine what needs to be repaired. A very thorough inspection, not just a quick glance. Also look at the fuses to see if any were blown when the mouse was munching down on live wires.

I've seen it all when it comes to rodent damage. Rats nests. Eeaten connectors and wiring. Eaten plastic fenders on motocross cycles. There is no end to the damage they can do. I hope you get it fixed soon.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I just evicted a rat that took up residence in my garage. He chewed up a lot of stuff in the garage including the battery blanket/insulator of my Mustang to make a nest under the engine cover. Luckily I got him before he moved on to chewing up any wiring. They can do a lot of expensive damage if not immediately dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts