Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my name's Jordan, and I am just on the brink of moving to BC. I hope to be there for August. I'm moving to Langley, and I'm very interested in buying a 2005 Mustang GT.

I was wondering if you could tell me the pros and cons of owning a Mustang GT, and what it's like to drive in the Langley/Vancouver area?

Thanks,

Jordan :)

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Vancouver is very beautiful, and a lively town. The only bad thing about the GT is that the gas prices are climbing. If you don't mind paying a little more for gas, they are worth it. They are not the best in winter weather.
Good luck with the move!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I don't think the gas prices will bother me too much, as here in the UK we are paying more than double the price it is in BC! So I welcome the gas prices hehe.

Yah I heard about the winter, I was thinking about buying a cheap car to get to work and back in the winter.

:)

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
They do a good job of keeping the snow off the roads, it's the ice that is the killer, especially in a rear wheel drive. I think you will like it there, but, of course, that depends on what you are use to. Where in the UK are you coming from?

·
Registered
833 Posts
They do a good job of keeping the snow off the roads, it's the ice that is the killer, especially in a rear wheel drive. I think you will like it there, but, of course, that depends on what you are use to. Where in the UK are you coming from?
You will find Vancouver rarely gets snow in the winter but lots of rain. So, driving a Stang shouldn't be a big issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im from a little place called Northamptonshire, quite busy. It's near London, but slightly more rural.

I've been to Vancouver a few times, but I've only really experienced it in the summer.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
833 Posts
I've been to Vancouver a few times, but I've only really experienced it in the summer.
:bigthumbsup[/quote]

I've been to London once. Very cool city' Lot's of history and sight seeing.

Re pros of a GT - power, handling, fun, attention getter, exhaust sound

cons - gas mileage, back seat not good for much, handling on snow and ice,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im from a little place called Northamptonshire, quite busy. It's near London, but slightly more rural.

:bigthumbsup
Bring an umbrella. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey jayjay, I,m from B.C and I go down to Langley lots. the traffic there is a P.O. but its a nice place to live. just far enough out to get away from the real crazy traffic. you get some snow but it usualy doesn,t last for much more than a week before it melts again. lots of gorgeos cars down there .:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi all, my name's Jordan, and I am just on the brink of moving to BC. I hope to be there for August. I'm moving to Langley, and I'm very interested in buying a 2005 Mustang GT.

I was wondering if you could tell me the pros and cons of owning a Mustang GT, and what it's like to drive in the Langley/Vancouver area?

Thanks,

Jordan :)
I just re joined, i was away for a long time. welcome to bc, i live in richmond BC. Did you ever get your 05 GT?

·
Registered
62 Posts
With buying a new or slightly used 2005 GT you should get a good deal , I have a 2007 GT/CS and am thiniking on a 2009 Shelby 500 GT throught Ford Family & Friends pricing on until August 31 going though the price & build a vert is like 48,000.00 Ed from Victoria BC

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.