Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new, i just got a 2006 ford mustang.. i got the mp3 player option and i was wondering how this works.. do u just copy the mp3s from a cd and save it onto a folder? how many songs will it hold? and another thing, i have itunes and i converted all my songs to ACC to save room on my computer, will this be a problem reading whats on the cd? any info will be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
I believe it is capable of playing mp3's from a disk only. It kinda sounds to me like you think it will hold the files in the stereo itself.

I think it can only read wav and mp3 files. I really don't know what ACC is so I hope I have helped a bit ;o) Hope you enjoy your car though! It rules.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The stereo is indeed only capable of playing MP3's from a disc. You must copy them to a disc on your computer and then play that disc in the car stereo. It really doesn't seem to matter what folder structure you use, as I have some discs with 6 folders and sub-folders under those and they play fine. I do not believe the stereo will play ACC files or WMA files; just MP3.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am able to get about 40-45 MP3 songs per CD. Make sure you save your disk as a data disk vice music disc, this allows you to hold maximum amount of MP3 files. Also, when you load the disc, if the Shaker spits it out, just hit the load button again and it always seems to read it fine the next time. Just some weired quirk to the Shaker but you can search the threads here and read all about that.

·
Registered
394 Posts
It's all in how it's ripped...

RabidCharlie said:
...Also, when you load the disc, if the Shaker spits it out, just hit the load button again and it always seems to read it fine the next time. Just some weired quirk to the Shaker but you can search the threads here and read all about that...
Don't have that problem; however, yesterday the after starting up the car with an MP3 Disc in (same one that was working FINE when I shut her down), only the bass was playing. Really freaked me out. I just turned it off and back on and it sounded fine! Never happened before or since.

Also, how many songs fit on a disc depend on what kbps your MP3's are ripped at. I believe with around 128kbs you can get more than 45 songs per disc. Most of mine are ripped above that at least 192kbs, but mostly 320kbs (which some say is overkill...but I like it).

--WoMBaT

·
Registered
76 Posts
I went with an aftermarket double din dvd player, and as an added bonus it plays mp3 dvd's too! At 4.7GB per disc, that's about 7 mp3 cds per dvd! Skip the Shaker and get a real music maker!

·
Registered
394 Posts
:evilchuckWhat he said!:evilchuck

·
Registered
78 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
Don't have that problem; however, yesterday the after starting up the car with an MP3 Disc in (same one that was working FINE when I shut her down), only the bass was playing. Really freaked me out. I just turned it off and back on and it sounded fine! Never happened before or since.

Also, how many songs fit on a disc depend on what kbps your MP3's are ripped at. I believe with around 128kbs you can get more than 45 songs per disc. Most of mine are ripped above that at least 192kbs, but mostly 320kbs (which some say is overkill...but I like it).

--WoMBaT
You can easily fit hundreds of MP3 songs on a single CD. If the average MP3 song is 3-4 megs, that's at least 170 songs on a CD.

Using anything higher then 128 is just a waste of space IMO.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't know if the Shaker supports it, but if it does, you should definitely encode your mp3s in VBR (variable bit rate) to maximize quality and minimize file size. VBR keeps the bit rate low when there is not much detail in the sound, but raises it when the detail is needed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
byoung2 said:
I don't know if the Shaker supports it, but if it does, you should definitely encode your mp3s in VBR (variable bit rate) to maximize quality and minimize file size. VBR keeps the bit rate low when there is not much detail in the sound, but raises it when the detail is needed.
I record everything at 192 vbr and it works just fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to the group and congrats on the Mustang. You will definitely enjoy it.

I just made my first .mp3 cd last night. I converted .wma files (previously on my computer) and converted them to .mp3 at 128 bit conversion. I got about 220 songs (in 14 folders). The Shaker system played them all just fine. I used Roxio Easy CD Creator to convert/copy the files.

I hope this helps.

Have fun with the car. I have only had mine a few days. I'm having a great time with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts