Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd Mod is in the bag! The daughters have been insisting I add "VROOM VROOM" to the Mustang, meaning more exhaust sound! So I stopped by MRT this morning and had Scott install the Interceptor axle back!

Stock setup:

Comparison:

Installed:

Good looking tip! :

And of course VIDEO:

Impressions:

Very nice sound at start up and idle. Really like the REV sound... fairly aggressive sound, fairly full and refined... to me it's a good sound.. The acceleration is very smooth sounding. Makes it hard not to romp on the go pedal! LOL!

Ok... the subject I absolutely hate to talk about...drone... is there drone? Yes. Is it acceptable? For me, yes, very acceptable. Some people will say very little drone and will love it... For others the drone will be unbearable and hate this exhaust... but me, extremely HAPPY with this exhaust!

While I was there Scott and I deciding on the next Mod... ;)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ive been really eyeing these. Man those look way lighter than stock. Hows the rev on the high rpm? from clips it doesnt sound too ricey. More refined European

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been really eyeing these. Man those look way lighter than stock. Hows the rev on the high rpm? from clips it doesnt sound too ricey. More refined European

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
yes, the stockers are pretty heavy! The MRT's are quite a bit lighter.

As for the higher RPMs... agreed, not ricey to me at all! And yes, the sound reminds me of a refined, well tuned V6... ;)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys! Now debating the MRT catted h-pipe... LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts