Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Body shop did nice job matching up the Screaming Yellow! LOL!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks Great :wavey

·
Registered
359 Posts
Looks good!

This reminds me that I need to call the body shop tomorrow. They have had them for two weeks now!

·
Registered
559 Posts
fishingjts said:
Body shop did nice job matching up the Screaming Yellow! LOL!
It looks too cool...

I also like the stripe on the side of the car...

Go going!!!

Dave :tongue :tongue :tongue :tongue

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey, I like those louvers! VERY cool!!! :smoke:

Too bad I can't get a set like yours. <grinning>

·
Registered
502 Posts
Sweet stuff, Big John! If you could, let me know how they effect the vision in your "4 and 8 o'clock" (a little fighter pilot lingo there). One of the few things I have a little difficulty with in this car is the head peek for traffic over the left shoulder -- guess it's because I'm having to pass so many people, heh heh -- because the vision out that part is a little cut down.

I guess nobody is makin' louvers that are "prepainted" in Mustang colors then?

At any rate, though, it REALLY adds to the fastback effect visually. You should be proud!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zregime said:
Sweet stuff, Big John! If you could, let me know how they effect the vision in your "4 and 8 o'clock" (a little fighter pilot lingo there). One of the few things I have a little difficulty with in this car is the head peek for traffic over the left shoulder -- guess it's because I'm having to pass so many people, heh heh -- because the vision out that part is a little cut down.

I guess nobody is makin' louvers that are "prepainted" in Mustang colors then?

At any rate, though, it REALLY adds to the fastback effect visually. You should be proud!
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I think this style gives the car the best retro look... SS, SS2 and 3D just seem a little to modern looking.. I went back and forth about puttng louvers on because I do tend to look through the passenger side one when I'm driving... (4 o'clock? LOL!!!) Couple of weeks ago I sat in a car that had the SS2... while the view was obstructed you could certainly see the through them enough to know if something was back there...

I think on v6mustangstuff you can get the 3D carbon ones prepainted... personally I think I would take it to the best shop in town and pay the extra money to have it down... I'm not sure about your blue but my buddy who owns a body shop said yellow is hard to match up... The prepainted ones were like an extra $100... I paid $288... that was for quite a bit of prep, paint on both sides, cleared and installed... for me it was worth the extra $$$ because I was completely satisfied with the outcome! LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fryguy_pa said:
Looks good!

This reminds me that I need to call the body shop tomorrow. They have had them for two weeks now!
Thanks!

2 weeks... wow... i was getting impatient after 2 days! LOL! I

·
Registered
359 Posts
Got them yesterday, they did a nice job. Now I need to paint the insides flat black, and then all that is left is mounting them!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Can they be removed for window cleaning?
I always liked the look of the MRT louvers best.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ixtlan said:
Can they be removed for window cleaning?
I always liked the look of the MRT louvers best.
Nope...they are there to stay... The slots are fairly big so I'm think I can clean the windows ok... guess we'll have to see! LOL

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ran260gt said:
Looking good ! get rid of those F-150 tires , and your car will be complete !
18in Black Bullitt rims would look great !
Actually my big ballon tires are part of the look I'm going for... Look at some pictures of early 70's cars... There are no big rims and rubber band tires... it's 14 inch wheels and LOTS of sidewalls! LOL! Actually those tires seem to hook up pretty good at the track the other night... LOL

I actually had the tire shop price some 18 inch and 20 inch wheels for me the other day... but dang I like the look i've got right now...LOL

·
Registered
359 Posts
MRT is supposed to be working on a bracket that will make the louvers removable. I have not see it on their site yet, but it is supposed to be in development.

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
fishingjts said:
Actually my big ballon tires are part of the look I'm going for... Look at some pictures of early 70's cars... There are no big rims and rubber band tires... it's 14 inch wheels and LOTS of sidewalls! LOL! Actually those tires seem to hook up pretty good at the track the other night... LOL

I actually had the tire shop price some 18 inch and 20 inch wheels for me the other day... but dang I like the look i've got right now...LOL
At the track ! what are you running ?:laughlitt

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ran260gt said:
At the track ! what are you running ?:laughlitt
Grand Bend Motorplex in Canada....

60' = 2.146
1/8 = 9.525
1/8 MPH = 73.26
1/4 = 14.922