Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone install these yet and if so any hints on the install?they say to put cut out template on first but seems to me you need to put top end brakets on first then tape template on. also, do top end brakets go flush to top or flush to sides.thx, vynle.:?:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Check over on the lounge forums. (last post 11-09) Some really good information is on this. A few of us have installed them. Instructions are lacking clarity. I suggest fit checking your louvers on the window first and using tape to adhere your hinge pads where you want them. Then remove the louvers and mark the outline of these pads. The outer edge retainer pads are supposed to go under the glass. Most people have had problems getting the clips in the open channel. For me, the passenger side slid right in but the driver side did not. I installed the driver side retainer on the passenger side and then slid it over to the drivers side. The bottom pads were easy. Once the top was done I locked the bottom pads onto the louver assy. and dropped it down to the glass. Marked the placement of the pads and took them back off the louver assy. and installed. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx finally got them on yesterday . kind of cold out glad i had garage. not quite the right temp but oh well seems to be stickin on good though . still gettin used to the look of them . seem to be good quality though. from inside car it looks awsome . if brackets come off later it will give me the opportunity to install again . if i had to do over again i would hav changed a couple of procedures all havin to do with the hinge brackets . now im pro. it does look real kool on the car. still thinkin of possibly painting them later to match my car color. still they look good now. im almost done bringin the car back to the 60's. just need ram air hood and chin spoiler and possible duck tail. only prob. with tail is i hav the factory spoiler and i dont like the hole delet kit that cdc has so i will hav to patch holes in trunk and hav painted.but id still hav to paint tail and hood and chin spoiler so no big. dont see any cars my color in the gt arround here ( screamin) and if i do, mine will look like none of them so im glad. the car is bad ass and i havent even started with the engine yet! lol. vynle:eyepoppin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts