Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
192 Posts
Description: Top off your Ford's Ignition system with this great new replacement coil. The Blaster TFI is MSD performance in factory Ford clothing! The windings and construction of this new coil are similar in performance to the line of MSD Blaster 2 Coils. The coil has an increased turns ratio plus there is lower primary resistance than the stock coil. This all amounts to a bolt-in replacement coil that produces more output voltage. The Blaster TFI will work with stock ignition systems as well as MSD equipped cars and trucks.

For more information visit: http://www.msdignition.com/

Keywords: MSD Blaster TFI Ignition Coil

5msd_coil_pn8227.gif

·
Registered
159 Posts
It looks good under the hood, but I haven't noticed any difference in performance, a good replacement if the stock one ever craps out on you.

Rating3
Proslooks good under the hood
Conshaven't noticed any difference
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
590 Posts
I replaced my old tired stock coil with the MSD piece along with some JBA 9mm wires and it woke my engine up a bit. I later combined this with a 6AL and i am VERY pleased with the upper RPM power

Rating5
Prosperforms well above stock, looks good!
Consnone
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rating5
Prosless than 10 min to install helps on the top end.
Consnone
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
251 Posts
I put the blaster on with a set of MSD 8.5mm superconductors, and it seemed to wake the top end up a bit, as others experienced. But it makes a really bad buzzing noise that resembles a loud cricket. haha... Apparently its not broken, and i talked to someone else that has this problem, and he said he had been running it for over a year with it making that noise, and no problems have resulted. So im not worried.
Overall, a good replacement coil, or a must if you're boosted or on the bottle.

Rating3
ProsLooks decent, Top end seemed to even out a bit
ConsMakes a horrid buzzing sound
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
If your car can use it, it\'s very worth while. I must have an improved model, I have no buzzing sound from mine. It helps keep a strong spark at high rpm and that\'s when you need it the most. If installed on a stock engine, it won\'t make that much difference.

Rating10
ProsGreat underhood looks, increased spark output
ConsNot a worth while mod on stock cars
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
468 Posts
Buzzing sound is coming through the stereo, not the grounds they have been changed. The coil as I found out through the MSD company it self, does buzzz alot. Thinking of ripping out , and buying an accel brand, better insulation same voltage, better product, MSD dropped the ball on this one. Any one want an MSD cheap! :-(

Rating4
Proshigher voltage on top end rpms
Consmakes buzzing sounds, drives me crazy, thinking about ripping it out and buying a differant company brand,
Would you recommend?no

1 - 7 of 7 Posts