Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
192 Posts
Description: These two Pro-Billet Distributors are designed to deliver accurate trigger signals to your modified 5.0L engine. When you start making serious power with your 302, the stock distributor shaft is one of the weak links of the engine. These Pro-Billet models answer the need for an affordable replacement in a strong and great looking package. Each distributor starts as a solid billet of 6061-T6 aluminum. This billet is then secured into a state-of-the-art Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine where it is transformed into a precision housing with tolerances within 0.001". The base of the distributor undergoes the same machining process then is assembled to create a strong housing with no porosity plus looks great! Inside each housing there is a sealed ball bearing at the top of the shaft. This design is responsible for accurately guiding the oversized polished steel shaft throughout the entire rpm range of your engine. The shafts are also QPQ coated for friction reduction and corrosion resistance.

Both Pro-Billet Distributors use a stock style trigger pickup. The PN 8456, for 1986 - 1993 engines, is equipped with a factory style ignition module so the wiring plugs directly into your stock harness. The PN 8455, for 1994 - 1995 models, also features a matching wiring harness. For installation, you simply remove the stock distributor and bolt the Pro-Billet MSD in place!
The Distributors are supplied with a high quality cap with brass terminals for full spark delivery, heavy duty rotor and a steel gear to go with the factory roller cam shafts.

Pro-Billet Ford 5.0L Distributor, 1986 - 1993 PN 8456 (shown)
Pro-Billet Ford 5.0L Distributor, 1994 - 1995 PN 8455

For more information visit: http://www.msdignition.com/

Keywords: MSD Pro-Billet Distributor Late Model 5.0L Fords

5msd_pro_billet_50_distributer_fs_pn8456.jpg

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Outdoes the stock distributor in every way. The billet construction is better than the cast stocker and due it that, it gives much more stable operation. The ultra tight clearances makes it stronger, and a more steady ignition signal. Plus the billet adds extra sparkle under the hood.

Rating10
ProsSuperior construction, sealed ball bearings on both ends of the shaft, more stable operation
ConsUltra tight clearances when installed
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
552 Posts
Do not waste your money. Stick with the Motorcraft OEM distributor. My tach does not work correctly with this dist and the engine has a off idle stumble. I called MSD but they are useless. I was able to fix the problem by taking apart the dist and replacing the stator and TFI mod with new Motorcraft parts. I DO NOT recommend this product unless you enjoy needless agravation.

Rating1
ProsLooks
ConsPerformance, electronics, reliability
Would you recommend?no

·
Registered
356 Posts
Has worked very well for my simple GT40p_Ecam w/ chip tune. Have no other spark upgrades and my dyno produced great numbers for my combo, 280rwhp_319rwtq with stock 19lb injectors!!!

Rating10
ProsPrecise spark with my chip tune
ConsPricey
Would you recommend?yes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts