Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mine mounted to the driverside shock tower and the lower radiator hose popped off when it did it squirted everywhere and I think some got on to the MSD box. When I fixed everything and tried to restart the motor there was no spark going to any of the plugs. It had fuel and it turned over but no spark. Any ideas on checking this out does MSD warranty their stuff? Its not that old and I haven't driven 10 feet on it yet.
Thanks in advance.
David

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I don't know the MSD stuff, but I have over 45 years in electronics, and it its made to go under the hood, this its made to get wet, all the electronics in the box is probably sealed in an epoxy, you might try hosing off the antifreeze, where ever it splattered, coil, msd ignition module, you might look inside the dist and make sure that stuff is dry, inside the top of the dist cap, wipe it off, antifreeze leaves a residue, so a little cleaning is in order. Once that is done if it has no spark, then I would get out the voltmeter and start some checking, like 12 volts on the coil, etc, also check the connections, metal+water + electricity=corrosion. Good Luck.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the MSD box that wasn't firing. I took it off and replaced the stock wires and it started. Time to call MSD and see if they will replace it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.