Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

A little over a month ago my 5th gear synchro went out and the dealer spent 12 days repairing it. 2 weeks later my mt-82 is leaking and this leak was discovered when I was getting my barton shifter installed but it only made it to the lift and was never installed as the shop preferred I have the leak fixed first. First leak was fixed last thursday and now again tonight when doing bama data logging I noticed I was leaking lots of transmission fluid, however my shifter was installed 2 days ago. Is there an end to this nightmare? Pretty sure this may be my last mustang.

I can't keep giving my daily driver to the dealership and having to buy a rental car. The GT car payment is high enough let alone paying an extra $300/month for a rental.

Mods :

Boss 302 Manifold
Boss Strut tower brace
Steeda 101mm CAI
Barton Short Shifer + Bracket
Bama 93 Race
Pypes 3 1/2 catback

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
How much fluid are you putting in? It takes 2.7qts, overfilling will cause it to leak.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive not touched any fluids on this car

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
ive not touched any fluids on this car
who did the work then? Did they mess with the fluids? How was the leak "fixed?" It's highly likely that the dealer techs just put three full bottles in your tranny without looking at the actual spec after they did your synchro

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so synchro. then had green fluid on my exhaust. took to dealer they replaced the a seal. then tonight i did some wots for my data log and my computer went into sleep mode so i pulled over to change oower settings and log again when i reverese i saw a small puddle and found dripping behind my cat. took a white rag to colllect some drips. no color no smell and the dripping was kinda cold . fluid w. light like water. excuse my typos as im on my phone from the bar.

·
Administrator
13,284 Posts
No color/smell does not sound like tranny fluid. It may have been water from condensation.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^^+1 Agree with Kenv
You guys may be right and I may be paranoid after the synchro and green fluid. Does anyone else have water pour off their exhaust? I did a few 7k wots for tuning and left a puddle of "water" in a parking spot. I parked when I got to work this morning and reached my hand under there to watch the drops and it landed on the edge of my hand, looks like water, no color/smell and I'm not tasting it lol.

Why would there be that much moisture. It's not like I sit there for an hour waiting for 1 drop, It's at least 15 drops a minute and long enough there will be a stream

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
You guys may be right and I may be paranoid after the synchro and green fluid. Does anyone else have water pour off their exhaust? I did a few 7k wots for tuning and left a puddle of "water" in a parking spot. I parked when I got to work this morning and reached my hand under there to watch the drops and it landed on the edge of my hand, looks like water, no color/smell and I'm not tasting it lol.

Why would there be that much moisture. It's not like I sit there for an hour waiting for 1 drop, It's at least 15 drops a minute and long enough there will be a stream
Sounds like condensation from the AC. If it was trans fluid, you'd know it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've not been running my AC though, any other ideas?

G

·
this may be my last mustang.

I can't keep giving my daily driver to the dealership and having to buy a rental car. The GT car payment is high enough let alone paying an extra $300/month for a rental.

Mods :

Boss 302 Manifold
Boss Strut tower brace
Steeda 101mm CAI
Barton Short Shifer + Bracket
Bama 93 Race
Pypes 3 1/2 catback
Gotta pay to play son. Mod your daily driver and this kind of stuff happens. Been there done that. Threads like these make me appreciate my bone stock mustang even more. :rollgrin:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Gotta pay to play son. Mod your daily driver and this kind of stuff happens. Been there done that. Threads like these make me appreciate my bone stock mustang even more. :rollgrin:
I don't know. I don't see anything in the OP's mods that would have caused this problem. I could be wrong.

Rob

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think you should check all your exhaust connections that water could be coming out of a loose connection. When your car is cold and it is cold outside condensation will form in the exhaust and usually burns off or comes out tailpipes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are two sources for water. One is the drip from the A/C. Even though you may not think you have the air on it's on every time you put the heater control in the defrost position.

The other source is the exhaust. During the catalytic conversion process the exhaust gas is converted into H2O or water. You will see this come out the exhaust pipes or any small leaks that you may have in the exhaust.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about this. My car has condensation coming from my exhaust and my A/C. This is completely normal and expected! It's actually a good thing that you're seeing some condensation from your exhaust, you don't want it to get built up in your exhaust because that could cause some rotting over time!

Just to be sure. I'd take the car back to Ford and just throw it up on the lift. Make sure you're not seeing any fluid or anything like that!

-Dan

G

·

Is your coolant overflow bottle full? Is your windshield washer bottle full?

G

·
Hey guys,

A little over a month ago my 5th gear synchro went out and the dealer spent 12 days repairing it. 2 weeks later my mt-82 is leaking and this leak was discovered when I was getting my barton shifter installed but it only made it to the lift and was never installed as the shop preferred I have the leak fixed first. First leak was fixed last thursday and now again tonight when doing bama data logging I noticed I was leaking lots of transmission fluid, however my shifter was installed 2 days ago. Is there an end to this nightmare? Pretty sure this may be my last mustang.

Have your dealer check it, and let me know if you’d like to escalate it this time, pwnall1337.

Deysha

·
Banned
885 Posts
My 2011 had a slight leak recently!rage-smiley.gif

1 - 19 of 19 Posts