Ford Mustang Forum banner

261 - 269 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
My dealer will put XL-18 to my transmission today (2011 GT). I hope that I will get my car back today...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got my car back today and WOW what a difference! I never had really bad problems with my MT-82, but XL-18 really made it a lot smoother. I only drove it less than 10 miles, but it was already clear improvement. I think that it will get even better when I get more miles on it. Might be placebo, but I would even say that my transmission is now little bit quieter than before :)

I paid ~$30 for XL-18 and my dealer charged $25 to install it. One of the best investments so far. I am really happy and I can recommend this to everyone who does not already have XL-18 installed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I can't find XL-18 at any of my dealers. So since my car was bought used with no warranty, I dicided to go the motorkote route, and I must admit it works great. This is also a friction reducer which from all the rading I've done is what XL-18 is. If my car was under warranty i would not have tried such a venture, but to be honest keep in mind anything that happens is on me anyhow!!!! But It works, still not as smooth as my t56 on my last ZO6 but a huge improvement from the clunky hard shifts I was experiancing.clap4.gif

·
Banned
2,225 Posts
I can't find XL-18 at any of my dealers. So since my car was bought used with no warranty, I dicided to go the motorkote route, and I must admit it works great. This is also a friction reducer which from all the rading I've done is what XL-18 is. If my car was under warranty i would not have tried such a venture, but to be honest keep in mind anything that happens is on me anyhow!!!! But It works, still not as smooth as my t56 on my last ZO6 but a huge improvement from the clunky hard shifts I was experiancing.clap4.gif
Are you over 60K on the miles? I ask because I've seen many folks here not realize the power train warranty is 60K and they think the power train warranty is the same as the 36K bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oh yes sorry to say I'm over 60k actually slightly over 80k. I got the car extremly cheap. But believe me it doesn't look it. Looks like a car with about 10k at most.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have Royal Purple SyncroMax in my 15 since about 2.5k miles, have 21k now.

It made a big difference in the smoothness of the shifting. Still a little notchy going into 2nd when its cold (below 30F) until the tranny warms up.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
I have Royal Purple SyncroMax in my 15 since about 2.5k miles, have 21k now.

It made a big difference in the smoothness of the shifting. Still a little notchy going into 2nd when its cold (below 30F) until the tranny warms up.

Dave
With this product, do you drain and replace all the gear oil, or is this used as an additive?

I'm guessing it's a replacement for all the gear oil, I just want to be clear. One of my 2014 GT's could use some improvement, the other is slick as snot.

·
Registered
486 Posts
It is replacement lube for the gear box not an additive. Amsoil and Redline manual transmission lubes also work very well.

Dave

261 - 269 of 269 Posts