Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought some plastic Mustang mud flaps on Ebay for $37 that are supposed to be made by Ford and universal. if you follow the poor instructions that come with them they do not look right (if you drill three holes to mount them). Mount them with the two lower holes instead. You do not even need to use the mounting screws that come with the mudflaps. Below are instructions that may be helpful.
  1. Create a paper template that matches the mud flap and line it up with the mud flap and place it in the wheel well until you think you have the correct positioning or alignment
  2. carefully remove the plastic mudflat lholding the paper template in place
  3. mark the two lower mounting screw positions of the wheel well on your paper template
  4. remove the paper template, line it up with the plastic mudflap and drill your holes directly through the template into the plastic mudflap
  5. remove the two lower screws from the wheel well and mount the mudflap onto your mustang, if the alignment is perfect -repeat for the other side.
  6. btw.gifnote: the paper template you created can be used for the other side mudflap if you just flip it (it is a mirror image)

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yea, I bought these also with some ebay bucks I had lying around...
kinda bummed out about them because the install instructions SUCKED, and this product was NOT universal.
However, I see that you sir, have accomplished the feat that i have been too lazy/ undetermined to accomplish. Looks great. I may now have some more insight into doing so. you wouldn't still have the paper with where to drill would you? If you do could you scan it?
If not, its all good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently bought some plastic Mustang mud flaps on Ebay for $37 that are supposed to be made by Ford and universal. if you follow the poor instructions that come with them they do not look right (if you drill three holes to mount them). Mount them with the two lower holes instead. You do not even need to use the mounting screws that come with the mudflaps. Below are instructions that may be helpful.
  1. Create a paper template that matches the mud flap and line it up with the mud flap and place it in the wheel well until you think you have the correct positioning or alignment
  2. carefully remove the plastic mudflat lholding the paper template in place
  3. mark the two lower mounting screw positions of the wheel well on your paper template
  4. remove the paper template, line it up with the plastic mudflap and drill your holes directly through the template into the plastic mudflap
  5. remove the two lower screws from the wheel well and mount the mudflap onto your mustang, if the alignment is perfect -repeat for the other side.
  6. btw.gifnote: the paper template you created can be used for the other side mudflap if you just flip it (it is a mirror image)
Check out Xtreme Racing on Ebay. They have some for 2010-2014 Mustangs. I bought the complete set for my 2014, they are CNC machined, pre-drilled utilizing existing original fasteners and they fit perfect!
http://stores.ebay.com/Xtreme-Racing?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

·
Registered
262 Posts
could you post a pic of these installed for us to see the finished result retrokid?

·
Banned
293 Posts
I bought the GT500 splash guards and they look OEM (probably because they are). They're a really nice solid piece with a simple install. On the front, I just bought the generic ones AM has and they're nothing special but they look good enough coolbeans.gif

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geestang6,
The template I used is trashed, sorry. It is really pretty easy to make your own. the tricky part was lining it up so you get the look you want w/o someone spotting for you. then u just use your finger to feel for the screw head and mark the spot. Retrokids link to the $49 set looks pretty good and w/o all the work. Still I am happy with how mine turned out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
could you post a pic of these installed for us to see the finished result retrokid?
Hi steviedon, here are a few pics of my 2014 stang with the splash guards installed. Sorry for the delay! No drilling, no headaches, plug n' play!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Check out Xtreme Racing on Ebay. They have some for 2010-2014 Mustangs. I bought the complete set for my 2014, they are CNC machined, pre-drilled utilizing existing original fasteners and they fit perfect!
http://stores.ebay.com/Xtreme-Racing?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
I know this is an old thread, but since someone bumped it, I'll comment. I found this thread when I was looking for my mudguards, and bought the above referenced ones. I was happy with the result. They look good, IMHO better than the "factory" ones. Also a lot cheaper than a full set.

Easy to install, as long as you have a very small or ratcheting right angle screw driver... or take the wheel off in the back.

Only complaint was the double sided tape to be used in the fronts wouldn't come off the paper, so I skipped it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts