I recently bought some plastic Mustang mud flaps on Ebay for $37 that are supposed to be made by Ford and universal. if you follow the poor instructions that come with them they do not look right (if you drill three holes to mount them). Mount them with the two lower holes instead. You do not even need to use the mounting screws that come with the mudflaps. Below are instructions that may be helpful.
- Create a paper template that matches the mud flap and line it up with the mud flap and place it in the wheel well until you think you have the correct positioning or alignment
- carefully remove the plastic mudflat lholding the paper template in place
- mark the two lower mounting screw positions of the wheel well on your paper template
- remove the paper template, line it up with the plastic mudflap and drill your holes directly through the template into the plastic mudflap
- remove the two lower screws from the wheel well and mount the mudflap onto your mustang, if the alignment is perfect -repeat for the other side.
- btw.gifnote: the paper template you created can be used for the other side mudflap if you just flip it (it is a mirror image)
75.7 KB Views: 371
73.3 KB Views: 269