Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the late model mustangs, anyway, just wondering if anyone knows, are there any nice solid contoured mud flaps available for an 03 GT, I get a lot of sand and crap built up on the rear fenders and in the side scoops, whereas I live in MA. and the roads suck in the winter, any help is appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
i have small mudflaps on my car ill take a pic when it stops raining and post it.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
You may be able to find what you're looking for at Auto Zone or Advance....or any other major auto parts store for that matter.

·
Registered
604 Posts
ran260gt said:
Mud flaps on a Mustang !:weeps
lmao...you might as well by a lifted truck. we DO drive sports cars :winks

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
lol HEY!, my mud flaps are very small and then have a pony on them lol dont make fun.

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
carguy1985 said:
lol HEY!, my mud flaps are very small and then have a pony on them lol dont make fun.
Personally, I would like to see some good pics of your car showing the splash guards (which are different from mud flaps such as on big trucks). The area I live in gets a lot of rain - we have had thunderstorms the last several days and this region is considered to be a temperate rain forest (it's thundering right now and feels more like April outside than early January). Add in all the crud from the road and the fact that a lot of the 'soil' around here is red clay (which quickly becomes red clay mud), and it becomes almost impossible to keep my yellow 'Stang clean.

The one time I saw a Bullitt edition Mustang up close, I noticed it had a feature at the rear of the front wheel-well that is not on other GTs, or at least not on mine or any others I have seen. It looked almost like a small, built in splash guard. I wonder if it works as such or if it was just to add to the appearance of a lower stance. The feature I am talking about can just barely be seen in the attached picture. As the picture is from the Internet and is not of the Bullitt I saw in person, I assume that it was on all the Bullitts produced.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
carguy1985 said:
here are 3 pics of my cars flaps. (its dark out flash made car look orange lol)
http://www.geocities.com/jrpr11/mudflaps/DSC01125.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/jrpr11/mudflaps/DSC01126.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/jrpr11/mudflaps/DSC01127.JPG

ps. look how almost bald my tires are.
I was almost too scared to click on your pics , I was expecting to see chrome diamond plate mud flaps with the girls on them !

Not that bad looking , I was expecting the worst , but they are very respectable mud flaps !:thumbup

·
Registered
473 Posts
carguy1985 said:
here are 3 pics of my cars flaps. (its dark out flash made car look orange lol)
http://www.geocities.com/jrpr11/mudflaps/DSC01125.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/jrpr11/mudflaps/DSC01126.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/jrpr11/mudflaps/DSC01127.JPG

ps. look how almost bald my tires are.
Nice. Very subtle. In fact, they even seem a little more subtle than the ones in the link earlier in this thread by dtorres03gt, but maybe that was just the way they were installed. Where did you get yours? Do they require drilling many holes to install? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
They actually were on the car when i bought them, but i will look see how they are mounted when i get a chance.

LoL no way i would have ripped off some dimond plated chrome mudflaps.

They are actually pretty small you cant even tell most of time.

this isnt the best pic but here is a rear angle
http://www.geocities.com/jrpr11/images/felipesgt/leftrear.JPG

you can sorta tell.

but yea ill check out the mounting on the flaps and ill get back to you.

p.s. they might be a ford option that the guy before me had on car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is prety much exactly what I am looking for, no I wouldn't want big truck style ones, but the paint deffinantly needs some protection up here in New england if I am gonna drive it in the winter, also should keep some of the rubber off during nice smokey burnouts, lol

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Yea my thoughts exaclty, keeps rubber off the body =)

·
Registered
169 Posts
03silvergt said:
That is prety much exactly what I am looking for, no I wouldn't want big truck style ones, but the paint deffinantly needs some protection up here in New england if I am gonna drive it in the winter, also should keep some of the rubber off during nice smokey burnouts, lol
i know exactly what ur talking about. i'm from Worcester MA and the roads really did a number on my paint escpecially since i have wider tires on my stang. i ordered some flaps from some site online when i find it ill let u know and they look great. i think they actually add to the style of the car. there small and they have a horse imprinted on them. i just got a digital camera for my birthday day and as soon as i figure out how to use it ill post some pics.

·
Registered
475 Posts
i got some that say Ford on them, and it was not so much of just the look, but to keep road grim off my paint, and rubber when i light them up, anyways some ppl say sport cars dont need them. but if u **** around where gravel is present then u might start to see some chips here and there, btw its so much easier to clean mud of a muddflap then it is to get mudd/snow/salt/other, off the paint of your car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I also thought of putting mud flaps on my Stang, but then I looked at all the Camaro's, and Ricer's with them and went 'nah!'...

We do get alot of rain up here in the Northwest Rain Forest, but we don't have the red clay to deal with, but lots of mud!

·
Registered
473 Posts
It has been raining off and on here for several days. Today, it pretty much poured down all day long, especially here in Loudon County. There was standing water everywhere - around an inch or so deep in some places. Several times there were puddles I couldn't miss. I have experience driving a RWD in bad conditions and didn't try to get crazy, so it wasn't too bad. I imagine traction control got a workout and I guess I have decided that the Dayton Daytonas that came with the car are pretty good daily driver tires. Still, those things couldn't keep all the road crud that had washed into these puddles from splashing up on my car. Other parts of the country, including some counties in the northern part of the state, are having snow advisories. Meanwhile, we are having flood advisories. I just washed my Mustang a couple of days ago - when the last round of rain stopped and the ground dried a bit - and it looks like it hasn't been washed in weeks, especially behind the rear tires. I think I'm gonna have to have some splash guards sooner rather than later.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.