Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Mustang and was wondering if i should add some rear mud flaps?? If i did i would want some low profile (no big ugly one). So what is your guys 2 cents on mud flaps. LIke them , Hate them and what kinda and brand?

Thanks

G

·
:eek:mg: Oh my goodness :D ...

Did Pete pay you to ask this question?? :headscratch:

Pete is the president of the mud flap registry! :goldcup:

Personally, they're not for me - but many others have them and love them...

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
If you want to save the rear quarter panels from stones, get them.
Ford makes molded ones that use the existing screws. They are barely noticable.

See photo, (not my car)

Mud flaps are like the air brakes on a fighter jet.:laugh:
Unlike the front end of a SN197 Mustang which is like air hitting a brick wall. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Molded Guards

OEM molded guards do a job & are understated.

Funny how some folks can disparage a functional piece of gear yet ride around with a spoiler on their car - in broad daylight !! :gringreen

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
OEM molded guards do a job & are understated.

Funny how some folks can disparage a functional piece of gear yet ride around with a spoiler on their car - in broad daylight !! :gringreen
Thank you Mr. Vice President. :goodpoint:

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
They are very helpful especially if you are going to daily drive you car during the winter months

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
They are very helpful especially if you are going to daily drive you car during the winter months
Hotshot, don't make me cry. :shigrin

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i would go with any of the looney-tune ones. i had yosemity sam with the six shooters on my truck, but i kinda like tweety bird :shigrin

·
Registered
597 Posts
Mud Flaps would be OK if they kept all that road crap off the car like tar and oil but they would have to also go on the front of the car. I wouldn't put them on my car because it would ruin its looks.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Get all 4. Check out the Jaeger bros. flaps. They are so easy to take on/off it is silly not to have them. After one day of use you will wonder why you didn't have them sooner. Leave them on for everyday use, take them off for the meets. I think they add to the old school muscle car look.

·
Registered
954 Posts
seriously he paid you for this thread to spread his cause didn't he...

·
Registered
111 Posts
In my opinion your quarter panels are like a trophy case for your last smokey burnout. With mud flaps were will you display your burnt rubber? Just my thought, Most important it's your car do what works for you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
they are called "splash guards" not mud flaps...

I put on the GT500 splash guards from Ford which work perfectly on my GT/CS...can't beat them for $12 total and they do save the rear quater panels from getting crap all over them.

If only there was a way to stop all of the black road crud from coating my rear bumper and trunk I'd pay any amount for that.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Well just seeing this thread and looking at the mud all over the back of my stang put me over the edge. I just ordered my rear splash guards, the bullitt ones with the little pony at the bottom.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ok, that's it. I'm totally sold. "Splash guards" here I come.......

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.