Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad had a 2005 mustang gt and changed out the mufflers and they are just sitting in his basement. i have a 2006 v6 mustang and was wondering if it would give mine a deeper tone. and if one of them would fit on mine??

·
Registered
53 Posts
it will sound a little bit better than stock, but i suggest getting a shop to make custom piping for you and putting both mufflers on your car :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
704 Posts
one will be just fine and its free haha. It will sound a little deeper, but it will be much better when you can get a dual set up

·
Registered
407 Posts
Search for a thread I did back in decemberish... I did a before and after video set... if you can't find it pm me and I'LL dig up the links

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

·
Registered
717 Posts
go dual, you will be glad :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Heck you almost there! You already have the 2 GT Mufflers, now get yourself a X-Pipe and 2 Mid Pipes and you'll fall in love with how it will sound with the X-Pipe and 2 Mid Pipes connected to the 2 GT Mufflers:bigthumbsup
Give NTO (newtakeoff.com) a call and see if they'll sell you there True Dual Kit for the V6 (without) the GT Mufflers. Then you'll also get the Drivers side Muffler Hanger and the Templete to cut out the rear bumper, plus all the clamps you'll need and the X-Pipe and 2 Mid Pipes:winks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Heck you almost there! You already have the 2 GT Mufflers, now get yourself a X-Pipe and 2 Mid Pipes and you'll fall in love with how it will sound with the X-Pipe and 2 Mid Pipes connected to the 2 GT Mufflers:bigthumbsup
Give NTO (newtakeoff.com) a call and see if they'll sell you there True Dual Kit for the V6 (without) the GT Mufflers. Then you'll also get the Drivers side Muffler Hanger and the Templete to cut out the rear bumper, plus all the clamps you'll need and the X-Pipe and 2 Mid Pipes:winks
NTO will sell it that way. Thats how we ordered ours. Basically, their dual kit minus the GT mufflers. It only saved a little bit of money since the kit isn't that bad, but every bit helps..

~Mark

·
Registered
344 Posts
Looks like the Pypes SFM65 kit sells for $315 from several internet dealers. To that add hangers for drivers side muffler. The X pipe alone sells for $120 at americam muscle. You could get the X pipe and have your local muffler shop make teh mid pipes. They have computer driven pipe benders that can make them on the spot. That may be cheaper and worth investigating.
The prices have really gone up. 3 years ago I purchased the SFM65 kit for $210 from Summit Racing with free shipping. Founds the muffler brackets for $15 each and paid my local muffler shop $50 to install after I had already installed the brackets and cut the bumper. A friend gave me some 2007 GT mufflers he took off the car 1 week after he bought it. 3 years later the system sounds really nice and mellow with no drone. Believe me that's the way to go if you can afford it.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Go duals not only will the car sound better but it will look better with dual exhaust. Like #1Fordlover said NTO sells the kit w/o mufflers if you like IIRC its around $265 without the mufflers.:bigthumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts