Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if any can give me some advice on a muffler for my 05 v6 stange. saw that mac performance has a muffler called a Mac Axleback, but, not much was said about the performce or hp it will give you. has anyone heard anything about this muffler. if not, can i get some help in chosing a muffler, looking to get more hp, and a nice sound for my pony, plus a nice look. already put on a mac mass airflow, with the sct x-calibrator 2, that was a major difference in hp. this is my first mustange and first brand new car, so, looking to have a little more fun with it. getting tired of being challanged, but, if i must, then i would like a little more fun too it.

Merry Mustange Christmas
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
I don't know what the Mac axleback will do for the V6, but I love them on my GT. The 4" rolled slash cut tips look awesome IMO and fill up the exhaust cut-outs in the rear valance panel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
MachOne said:
I don't know what the Mac axleback will do for the V6, but I love them on my GT. The 4" rolled slash cut tips look awesome IMO and fill up the exhaust cut-outs in the rear valance panel.
Can't comment on the V6 but the MACs on my GT "roar" like a big block V8...

No extra power unless you get headers, and competition cats with your MACs...

Good Luck, DJC :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Stange63 said:
was wondering if any can give me some advice on a muffler for my 05 v6 stange. saw that mac performance has a muffler called a Mac Axleback, but, not much was said about the performce or hp it will give you. has anyone heard anything about this muffler. if not, can i get some help in chosing a muffler, looking to get more hp, and a nice sound for my pony, plus a nice look. already put on a mac mass airflow, with the sct x-calibrator 2, that was a major difference in hp. this is my first mustange and first brand new car, so, looking to have a little more fun with it. getting tired of being challanged, but, if i must, then i would like a little more fun too it.

Merry Mustange Christmas
I've had the JBA axleback for about 6 months and love it! Very nice none and easy install. The sound could easily pass for a small block V8.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
discofan said:
Can't comment on the V6 but the MACs on my GT "roar" like a big block V8...

No extra power unless you get headers, and competition cats with your MACs...

Good Luck, DJC :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin
On the V6 he will definitely pickup some power with the MAC muffler. The stock mufferl is incredibly restrictive... Probably around 8 RWHP... Actually on the V6 you don't get much performance benefit going to a header (at least no one has proved it to me... you get perhaps 3RWHP gain).

I looked at the MAC but I thought the 4 inch tip would be a little much... I can see where the 4 inch would look good on a GT since you have one on each side... but a 4 inch tip single I think would look a little odd..

I ended up with the Magnflow single axle back... I went with Magnaflow because it was 100% stainless steel and a 3.5 inch tip. It is a straight-thru design... pick up around 10RWHP...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
bmwtech said:
this may be a stupid question, but what the hell is a stange?
typo... he meant stang... short for mustang...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
bmwtech said:
did you read the post??? that typo appeared about 5 times.
LOL! I must admit I skimmed... Didn't even notice he's got "mustange" LOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
he is from holland...:tongue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Who has put the stock GT mufflers on the V6? How does it sound, is there a better alternative to the $40 hangers from the dealer?

Got a free GT bumper upgrade from State Farm...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,859 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Vandil said:
I thought the Coffin Muffler was the big thing for V-6 owners.
I saw the coffin muffler on eBay and listened to the sound clip. Has a real mean rasp to it that I liked. In fact, my JBA has a similiar sound and it came down to the coffin and the JBA. The JBA won because the vendor offered free shipping and since they were so close, I went with the JBA. By the way, coffin also offers mufflers for the GT which sound very impressive.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top