Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Roush Axle-backs and my 3dCarbon GT500 spoiler should both arrive today.

I was planning on having the dealer install them and had some questions.

-My car came with no spoiler so there is no preexisiting holes. Will the item come with any sort of template needed for the installer to know where to drill the holes, if not how will they know?

-Typically how much can I expect to pay for the muffler install and also for the spoiler install. Some information on estimated labor hours would be appreciated and maybe cost.

Thanks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
So my Roush Axle-backs and my 3dCarbon GT500 spoiler should both arrive today.

I was planning on having the dealer install them and had some questions.

-My car came with no spoiler so there is no preexisiting holes. Will the item come with any sort of template needed for the installer to know where to drill the holes, if not how will they know?

-Typically how much can I expect to pay for the muffler install and also for the spoiler install. Some information on estimated labor hours would be appreciated and maybe cost.

Thanks!
I installed my Roush axel backs in my yard in about 45 minuets, so dont let them screw you on hours of time. By the way look out you are going to love them. Yes the spoiler will come with a template. My Roush spoiler did. Did you order your spoiler pre painted. That one was my second choice in spoilers. I should have got the one piece.

View attachment spoiler.bmp

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed my Roush axel backs in my yard in about 45 minuets, so dont let them screw you on hours of time. By the way look out you are going to love them. Yes the spoiler will come with a template. My Roush spoiler did. Did you order your spoiler pre painted. That one was my second choice in spoilers. I should have got the one piece.

View attachment 131624
Yea got it prepainted from cjponyparts for like 280ish. I figured the muffler install should be a whole 30 minutes for them, just really not sure how long the drilling of holes and installing the spoiler is going to take.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yea it took me and a buddy 25 min to put on the ROUSH axlebacks,,the hangers are a bit stubborn but they should not charge you more than 1 hr labor,,oh and ask for your parts back,,they screwed me oput of my front fascia when I ordered the C/S one! Good luck:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yea it took me and a buddy 25 min to put on the ROUSH axlebacks,,the hangers are a bit stubborn but they should not charge you more than 1 hr labor,,oh and ask for your parts back,,they screwed me oput of my front fascia when I ordered the C/S one! Good luck:bigthumbsup
What kind of interior from Roush did you get? I was getting the door seal plates and floor mats. Just wandering.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I know first hand the Roush exhaust is easy to install...less than 1 hour to do with car on jack stands. I hope the spoiler will be easy to install like others have said.

Everyone says to set the car in the sun to help the tape under the spoiler be more pliable then use fishing string to help remove it. You don't have any holes from a spoiler there so it would be more work for you to do on yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.