Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do mufflers take power away from the car, and will running without mufflers cause any problems

·
Registered
316 Posts
Haha...might want to change the thread name:dunce:

But to answer your question, yes, some mufflers can hurt your performance. Such as the Flowmasters...they flow terrible. Heck, they may even flow worse than the factory mufflers. It is their chambered design that gives you that sound, but at the same time prevents the horsies from running freely. You can run without them, sure, but it will probably sound like ass. You kind of need some type of back-pressure as well.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I would not recommend running without mufflers, especially if you want a good sounding exhaust. If all you care about is volume, then feel free. If you want a good representation of what different exhaust combos sounds like, check out www.mustangexhaust.com

·
Registered
604 Posts
wow I didn't know Flowmaster mufflers were so sh1tty...

·
Registered
316 Posts
the98stang said:
wow I didn't know Flowmaster mufflers were so sh1tty...
No, they are of great quality and sound great. It's just that if it's performance you are seeking, Flowmaster wouldn't be the route to go:winks That's what I am running on my car and I love the sound with the off-road H pipe.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
yea nice thread name lol...
i have flowmasters with off road xpipe sounds nice...

yea if i didnt have the catback already when i bought hte car... i would have gone with some SLP... but like spazzy said you do need some back pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.