Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so about all at the same time this is what happened while I was driving my 93 5.0 LX(stock).

1. Exhaust note went from normal to a drone like popping sound. Almost like a Honda Shadow if anyone has ever heard those bikes. Exhaust leak? Fouled plug? Bad wire?

2. Idle is rough and starting off the line is sluggish.

3. Major movement in shifter especially in 4&5

4. Smell exhaust more than normal now

5. Oh and all of a sudden the P/S pump decided it was gonna whine loud as hell and I guess get low on fluid.

6. And last but not least. I looked under the car and right at the cats on my stock H-pipe I could see smoke.

Now remember in a matter of about 2 hours all of this happened all at once. Can anyone....ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THEY THINK IS GOING ON WITH MY 5.0?!?!?

Thanks so much in advance!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
1) Cats could be clogged and or exaughst leak it sounds like.
2) my awnser for #1 can cause #2. Probally cats....
3) Im not sure
4) a vacuum line might have come disconnected which can also cause that problem (see diagram)
5) Check the power steering maybe its just low. I had my Pressure p/s hose crack and when I would turn the wheel it wouls spray fluid everywhere.
6) Was it exaughst smoke or is something (maybe powersteering fluid) did something spray all over everything, oil, ect that its just burning off.

Good luck 88Stang5_0Vacuum.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.