Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2005 6cyl mustang in March and has been in the shop 6 times. I am currently going thru the lemon law now. Already had to replace upper strut bearings becasue of a popping noise in front end on both passenger and driver side. They replaced strut top spring insulators. Still never fixed the rattle like noise when going over bumps in right front tire. Almost like a bad shock. Just too many front end problems with the new model. Car vibrates at 60-65 and they can't fix it. Car makes a loud air like noise when acellerating and a rumbling noise almost like lifters or something from the engine. Lots of tranny noises and clicks and very sloppy shifting. The mechanic that took it for a ride with me said, "Oh, it sounds like we'll be takin the transmission out of this car"!!! Isn't that just swell!!!!!! :anianger: Never owned a Ford before and never will ever again.

Anyone else with these problems??

·
Registered
626 Posts
hmm, I have had my 2005 v6 since April or so, and i haven't had any of those problems? Maybe you just got a bad one? Unfortunatly, not everyone can be perfect :( .

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've had a few problems but no problems with getting them fixed. This is a first year model and you have to expect issues. Hell this car has fewer problems than my wifes 2002 Trailblazer did/does.

Yea it sucks having to take it to the shop but it's still under warentee. All the problems you seem to be having seem to have happened to a number of us. I had a tranny problem and they replaced a selinoid and no problems sence then.

The strut popping has been addressed by a TSB and the 'hissing noise is just part of the car' I hear it all the time and it doesn't seem to cause any problems just sounds like air flow through a constriced space.

I just love my car. Too me it just sounds like you expected too much from a new model year car.

Good luck

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't think it is asking to much for a brand new car to not be filled with problems. sounds like you got a bad one, happens every once in a while.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is painful

My GT has been good. I didn't have A/C working when I got it, which they fixed. I also had a rattle behind the dash near the airbag, but I think that one has gone away with some pushing a pulling! I do have a spring like poping that I can feel in the brake pedal when first driving after not driving it for a few days, but it is minor. This type of problem has been discussed at length here. For me it is not worth bringing it in for.

I own ONLY fords, and have only had MINOR problems with any of them, however, I would be frustrated and ANGRY if I was having the problems you are having (knock on wood).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm also engaged in a Lemon Law case (N.J.) Unfortunately it could take aware from 30days to 6 months.

Right now the only problem that's still unresolved and maybe others know about it is that the trunk interior sidewalls are not secured with anything. So while traveling on rough roads I get a thumping noise coming from the trunk area. Serv Dept kept her for two days then gave up and told me to try duck tape.

I have nothing against Ford as I have relatives working for them, but I purchased the pony with 37miles on her off the lot, within 3 hours off leaving the lot (Sat. afternoon) the tranmission started slipping. I took her back Monday AM and that's when the games began. The dealership was no help in replacing her, they only wanted to upgrade my into a GT and add 100+ more to my payments.

Here's my shopping list in order of replacements: (alittle frustrating)
- Transmission (Slipping)
- Engine Module (not recognizing Trans problem)
- Exhaust System (loud)
- Defrost Actuator
- Vibration Dampner
- Fuel Tank (rapid shutoffs)
- Radiator Reservior Tank (Leaking)
- Rear Brakes (pitted and rusted)
- Fuel Sending units (unable to fill past 3/4 full)
- Front struts (popping noise)

I only have 4000 miles on her and it's alittle annoying to think most of the car is rebuilt now. Besides, when you drop 20K on a brand new car, I don't believe they should make a "Bad One".

·
Registered
626 Posts
Never heard of a mustang owner complaining of the loud exhaust?? hmm, wellI guess you see something new everyday!

·
Registered
172 Posts
xxkazp3rxx said:
Never heard of a mustang owner complaining of the loud exhaust?? hmm, wellI guess you see something new everyday!
Yup... in my 44+ years on this planet I've always been taught that muscle cars are supposed to sound like muscle cars and not luxury sedans. :doh:

·
Registered
305 Posts
martimus said:
Yup... in my 44+ years on this planet I've always been taught that muscle cars are supposed to sound like muscle cars and not luxury sedans. :doh:
I was just complaining to my wife that my GT is too quiet.:walksmile

·
Registered
465 Posts
I cannot complain about a thing. I've had 0 problems since I bought the car in March. Almost too good to be true. It sounds good and unlike Reekostang's problem, is not horsepower impaired.

·
Registered
91 Posts
After seeing a review in one the car mags this month of a Hyndai Sonata, I saw that the HYNDAI HAS 235hp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A HYNDAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It got me thinking, except for the Ford 500, I think that the Mustang V6 has the least amount of horsepower of just about any V6 that's at least 3 liters. Is this true? Come on Ford, you can get a better V6 in there, or if everyone just stopped buying them, they would make more V8's, and there wouldn't be such a shortage! :eyebulge:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey There,
I have had all of the problems that you have, including a complete change of the car rearend (auto.). My car was most recently repaired with a gas tank replaced, front struts repaired, and a damper installed to stop the dreaded 850 RPM "dump truck" rattle.
Although it's frustrating, it's still the most impressive car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
465 Posts
reekostang said:
After seeing a review in one the car mags this month of a Hyndai Sonata, I saw that the HYNDAI HAS 235hp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A HYNDAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It got me thinking, except for the Ford 500, I think that the Mustang V6 has the least amount of horsepower of just about any V6 that's at least 3 liters. Is this true? Come on Ford, you can get a better V6 in there, or if everyone just stopped buying them, they would make more V8's, and there wouldn't be such a shortage! :eyebulge:
Even worse, recent GT V8's were only 235 HP! The real key is torque and the V6 has plenty of torque.

·
Registered
16 Posts
xxkazp3rxx said:
When your exhaust leaks from cracks in the pipes, yeah it's loud. You shouldn't have to too your stereo all the way up too drown out the noise.

·
Registered
99 Posts
ive got 1800 miles on mine. had a problem with the a/c and took it to century ford in mt. airy , md. they replaced the whole thing and drove to the next town to get a part. in and out in about 4 hours and not one problem. i didnt even buy it there. they were great.

2005 GT, min gray, sap,ext. warranty,anti theft.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
rgensemer said:
I cannot complain about a thing. I've had 0 problems since I bought the car in March. Almost too good to be true. It sounds good and unlike Reekostang's problem, is not horsepower impaired.
Reekostang's problem... LOL! Yeah... haven't quite figured it out.... LOL! Let's do some number crunching...

Base Sonata with the 3.3L = $22.8K
Base Mustang with the 4.0L = $19.9K
so we'll do some rounding an call it $3,000

Sonata specs = 235HP and 226 Torque
Mustang specs = 210HP and 240 Torque
Like rgensemer has mentioned... Torque is key... And the Mustang has more...

And for Reekostang who's all hung up on HP... Lets see.. Based on my Dyno run Saturday I'm about even with the Sonata... possibly a tad more... but for arguements sake... we'll say we are now even.. (I had 202RWHP)

Mods: X-Cal2 - $400
CAI - $350
exhaust - $250

Thats $950... that leave $2000 for more toys... And since my torque started at 240, i've got a lot more now than the Sonata! So I'll put my poor little underpowered V6 up against that Sonata anyday...

I really have no idea why Mr. Reekostang is so dead set against the V6... and just keeps bashing it... I've shown time and time again the this new V6 kicks butt...

Hmmm... got an idea... watch for my new sig! LOL!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
My point is, when you've got THE best Bang for the buck deal in ALL OF AUTODOM, why would you even consider the V6? I can understand teenagers, old folks, etc., who leave theirs stock, but again I have to ask; IF PERFORMANCE WAS YOUR GOAL, WHY START OUT WITH AN UNDERPOWERED V6????????????????????????????????????? Base Altima, 0-60 in 5.9!!!! Accord-V6coupe 0-60 5.9. I've driven in 3 modded V6's so far, and my wife's Accord is still faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eyepoppin

·
Registered
91 Posts
Also, I just checked on Edmunds, and you have to compare the V6 premium to get the interior features etc, that come standard on the Sonata. Price difference is about 100 dollars. Go big or go home.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
reekostang said:
Also, I just checked on Edmunds, and you have to compare the V6 premium to get the interior features etc, that come standard on the Sonata. Price difference is about 100 dollars. Go big or go home.
Were you looking at the 3.7??? I paided less for my FULLY LOADED V6 than the base price of the Sonata with the bigger motor....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts