Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you guys in the Highland Park area saw this? I got this off the CNN website. Sometimes, a spanking just isn't enough!!

Sent: 1/10/2006 12:31:20 PM

Two Exotics Totaled in Highland Park

(CNN --)

Two if the world's rarest exotic cars, The Lamborghini Murcielago and
the newly introduced Ferrari Enzo, crashed today in the Park Cities area while street racing. There were a total of 5 teens involved. The Lamborghini apparently was driven by minor Courtney Shannon, daughter of Danny Shannon the owner of a large exotic cars dealership. The Ferarri Enzo, the world's rarest car, was driven by Rebecca West who's father is a prominent attorney. Both girls are of age 17. Three males, Andrew Lambert, Chase Shannon, and a third who's name has not yet been released, were passengers.

Both females and two males are conditioned as stable, while the third male is conditioned as critical. All 5 were taken to Presbyterian of Dallas. Rand Allemande says "I saw the yellow one coming down the street and make a sharp swerve-like maneuver and turn sideways while the other ran into it. Then they both slid into two other cars and that's when I ran inside to get my wife and call the police".

The Lamborghini is valued at $280,000, and the red Ferrari is valued at more then $2,000,000.00.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Brent05redfire said:
how many of you guys in the Highland Park area saw this? I got this off the CNN website. Sometimes, a spanking just isn't enough!!

Sent: 1/10/2006 12:31:20 PM

Two Exotics Totaled in Highland Park

(CNN --)

Two if the world's rarest exotic cars, The Lamborghini Murcielago and
the newly introduced Ferrari Enzo, crashed today in the Park Cities area while street racing. There were a total of 5 teens involved. The Lamborghini apparently was driven by minor Courtney Shannon, daughter of Danny Shannon the owner of a large exotic cars dealership. The Ferarri Enzo, the world's rarest car, was driven by Rebecca West who's father is a prominent attorney. Both girls are of age 17. Three males, Andrew Lambert, Chase Shannon, and a third who's name has not yet been released, were passengers.

Both females and two males are conditioned as stable, while the third male is conditioned as critical. All 5 were taken to Presbyterian of Dallas. Rand Allemande says "I saw the yellow one coming down the street and make a sharp swerve-like maneuver and turn sideways while the other ran into it. Then they both slid into two other cars and that's when I ran inside to get my wife and call the police".

The Lamborghini is valued at $280,000, and the red Ferrari is valued at more then $2,000,000.00.
Man, that's a real shame about the people and the cars. Traditionally, teenaged girls get better deals on insurance than guys because, supposedly, girls don't race and are safer drivers. Guess stories like these will help dispel that particular myth.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Why were two teens driving these cars to begin with?? At the most they have a year worth of driving experience and because we were all that age once we know how teens think...or should I say don't think at all. As a parent how can you let your 17 year old take a car that powerful out for a spin?? It's horrible that they all ended up in the hospital but am I shocked that it happened, no. Ya' gotta know the car you're driving and you gotta know how to handle it....when was the last time your kid put 5 people in the hospital and ruined something that cost $2,000,000+ Oops just doesn't cut it does it.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Good they deserve it. Sounds harsh but they coulda killed someone cuz they were reckless. Their parents should be to blame also, putting that kinda machine in the hands of a minor....

Kids like that ruin the opportunity to drive for others who can't afford the insurance. Teen insurance is so high cuz 1/3 of all fatal car accidents are caused by kids and teenagers.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I don't know but their parents should get their a$$ kicked for letting the kids drive these cars.
Cars like the Enzo and the Murcielago are extremely tough to drive - at the age of 27 I felt like a rookie driving my dads F360 Modena. Now go figure that's after driving fast cars for mor than 9 years...

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is odd, this same story came up about a year ago, involving the same cars, and 5 teens in them. Not sure where it was at though. Why are thses rich kids' parents letting themdrive these cars?

·
Registered
567 Posts
99GTtony said:
This is odd, this same story came up about a year ago, involving the same cars, and 5 teens in them. Not sure where it was at though. Why are thses rich kids' parents letting themdrive these cars?
Maybe the kids snuck the car out... :shrug

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
99GTtony said:
Cuz money solves everything, to them.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Well, it is a shame. Two amazing vehicles that you would rather see in a show room are given to the inexperienced hands of two female minors and look what happens.

You were right when you said they got what you deserve. You were also right in saying that it dispels the myth that males are more aggressive drivers. I've never liked that. Maybe if more stories like this pop up the insurance companies will realize the error of there ways. (And pink monkey's are likely to fall out of my butt...)

Serves them right, it really does. I hope the parents learn a vital lesson. I hope the teenagers learn a vital lesson. And I hope that something like this will never happen again.

It's a tough pill to swallow, but there kids and their parents should be thankful that they all didn't die.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.