Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to finish the bolt on's on my GT. I see that I can get BBK shorty headers for about the same as the trick flow 70mm throttle body and C+L plenum. Which would give me the biggest bang for the buck? I can do the install myself so labor is not a factor. I know the headers will be a pain to install compared to the intake but just wanted your ideas and experiences. Thanks in advance! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Shorty headers are worthless, get the throttle body and plenum for sure.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Shorty headers are the pits, go with long tubes...do you have a good cold air intake? Rear gears and suspension work will get you out of the hole better, also, lighter is faster so aftermarket seats help too...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Definitely go with the TB/Plenum combo, you'll be much happier.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been thinking and looking around and I think I'm just going to go ahead and do both. Unless someone can tell me that the shorties actually LOSE power. I know they are a pain to install but I can do it myself and don't have to pay shop fees for that so I may as well just do them then I'll have all of the bolt on's possible pretty much. I'm going to be racing some friends next month and can't lose, I need everything I can get! haha Thanks guys!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Its not that your gonna lose power its just that your not gonna gain any.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Yep, you're going to spend money, get irritated installing them and waste hours of your time for nothing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you look at the difference between what long tubes and shorties actually do...the same theory applies to you manifold runners...Longer = H.P. and shorter = torque. On the mod motor the stock manifolds are very similar to the shorties thus you wont gain much torque at all and absolutly no H.P. The long tubes actually accelerate the exhaust out of the cyl's thus creating H.P. If your going to waste your time at least get something out of it. Plus it you want to go fast get a cobra, saleen, gt500 etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.