Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ive searched around and found many great threads relating to rattles such as the door mirrors door handles and trim pieces but i have fixed all of these have a much harsher rattle. When going over rough roads it sounds as if the Whole entire passenger door is going up and down and making a quite decent metal on metal clunk when returning down, I have all door stops door is in alignment.. Has anyone had an issue like this before? ( i have tightened up window motor/actuator and internals of door ) Sounds liek the hinges are loose but the the door doesnt seem to have any play in the hinge:scratchchin
The car is a 05 mustang gt vert

thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
The last word in your post says it all, well second to last word, "vert". I call it door flap. Over the rough roads or the railroad tracks mine does it to. My test for all the Verts I considered (BMW, MB, Porsche, Audi) was to drive them over railroad tracks and watch/feel the cars flex on the way over. The Mustang was the worst, but I still loved driving it so much I over looked that characteristic. Put the windows up and watch it really shake about.
I realize that you were looking for a fix for this, I don't have one, I just wanted you to know, you are not alone. If you find the fix please let me know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm yea its just SOOO harsh its unbelievable you can produce a vehicle like that, i had a 350z roadster it didnt make such as a peep over harsh bumps, where as my stang CLUNKCLUNK CLUNK
going down a bumpy road and u can almost feel the weightof the doors smashing around thanks alot good to here im not alone

·
Registered
519 Posts
same problem here with my vert.. only started noticing it when I put the new springs in.. way rougher ride so way more door clunks.. was thinking maybe if I pulled the latch in a little the door wouldn't have so much play.. of course it would be harder to shut the door, but might work..

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Sorry to butt in, but how do you fix hoor handle rattle???

You sure this isn't your problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.