Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys n gals....

So I have a 2005 Mustang GT. The other day I was braking, quite hard, and had done a couple of times before in the same 20 mins or so. Anyways, this one time, I was braking and felt something kinda 'give' followed by a knocking noise...

Ever since, I can hear a very low sounding knocking noise not only when applying the brakes (although mostly when applying) but also sometimes when driving.

The car performs as it should, whatever the noise is, it doesn't hamper the driving of the car, but I just know something is up.

Anyone had anything similar?

I've checked the wheel bolts, checked that the rotors haven't cracked. Doesn't seem to be the case...

Any thoughts? Similar experiences?

My first time on a forum, hope to hear something back.

Shelbylad.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Could have broken the caliper bracket or bolt some how. I would pull the wheels and start checking the brakes and suspension.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response dude... :bigthumbsup

Will have it put up on a lift and get the wheels of, check brakes n all.. I hope it's something to do with the brakes, it's such a weird noise... From inside the car, kinda sounds like it's coming from the back...

:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should also say...

That since that knocking noise came about...

I get a slight vibration a higher speeds...

Still sounds like brakes right?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Could be. But like posted earlier just get it up on some jack stands and pull the rear wheels off. Check the Calipers, Control arms, sway bar things like this. Sounds like you could have sheared a bolt off of any one of those things. Good luck let us know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts