Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 GT with 89,000 miles on it. Between 2k and 4k rpm's it sputters bad and it comes out of it and runs fine. I took it to a shop i trust and the drove it and hooked it up to something i didnt see what it was and it said that #7 had missed 39 times. Now he says that its plugs maybe even a coil pack so im taking it in first thing tmrw morning...my ? is does his diagnosis sound right to yall or could it be something else?????

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
A fresh set of plugs will possable take care of it. Some mis fire codes don't show up so it's very possable a coil also

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ever change your fuel filter ?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no nothing has been changed out in my car orig everything

·
Registered
413 Posts
I would change your fuel filter at least every once a year. Besides plugs & coils, your injectors may require servicing as well.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its at the shop now.. they are going to look it over and give me a call... i told them that if its the plug to just go ahead and change all of them

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hope he was changed the plugs on a 2005+ Mustang before because with that many miles on the original plugs they are probably going to be hard to get out. There is a procedure that is recommended for removing the plugs to keep from breaking them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well I got the car back and it runs great....as of right now it looks like they did a good job

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
changed all plugs and replaced the #7 coil pack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.