Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im new to these forums, but i just bought a 2007 ford mustang v6. Everything is great about the car except for one problem. When i turn the bass up on the shaker 500, my side mirror rattles from the outside. It is annoying sound that ruins the quality from the outside of the car. When i put my hand on the mirror it will stop, but i dont want to hold the mirror everytime i drive.

I'm sure if i just tighten the mirror the problem will stop, but i'm not sure how to do it and i don't want to break anything.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The same thing happens to me also, i never get a noise from it though. Maybe someone else will come in and help out

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Hey guys, im new to these forums, but i just bought a 2007 ford mustang v6. Everything is great about the car except for one problem. When i turn the bass up on the shaker 500, my side mirror rattles from the outside. It is annoying sound that ruins the quality from the outside of the car. When i put my hand on the mirror it will stop, but i dont want to hold the mirror everytime i drive.

I'm sure if i just tighten the mirror the problem will stop, but i'm not sure how to do it and i don't want to break anything.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot.
Yeah bro, is it the driver side mirror? I had the same issue on my 2006 Mustang GT.. I too have the shaker 500 setup.. I took it to ford, and they replaced my mirror under warranty.. That was a good 1.5 years ago or longer.. Or so it seems.. It is still quiet, then i had interior rattles from it(door handle area and where the window switches are, so i pulled them out and sound deadened them with some stuff my friend used for his custom sound setup.. No rattles anymore =)!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot Preston, that really helped. I followed those instructions and no more rattle! And also, i have the same problem with the door panel area. I'm gonna pull it out and try what Retro said. Thanks a lot guys, the stereo sounds a lot better :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Thanks a lot Preston, that really helped. I followed those instructions and no more rattle! And also, i have the same problem with the door panel area. I'm gonna pull it out and try what Retro said. Thanks a lot guys, the stereo sounds a lot better :bigthumbsup
Congrats on the success bro! Next time mine rattles i will dig up this thread- i bookmarked it for sure. Yeah if you need any help on how to pull it out- PM me,i have pictures from another AFM member that helped me out.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
766 Posts
I had that problem a while back also. It was the bass from the system and whenever I closed the door it would rattle. I just got new mirrors cause they had a different look to them.
Check out my profile for pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.