Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have recently purchased a 94 3.8 Mustang and the car suffers from a vibration from the engine at around 1000 RPM. You get the vibration wether in gear or neutral so it must be the motor and not wheels or shaft etc? If anyone else out there has had a similar problem or knows how to solve it, please let me know.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
38 Posts
Engine mounts

yeah I had a 3.8 in another car. The vibration you are talking about might be the motor mounts....

·
Registered
485 Posts
harmonic balancer...

·
Super Moderator
40,090 Posts
:waveyWelcome to the site:wavey

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
:wavey Enjoy the site!! :myhappydance: :happydancer:​

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Everyone

Many thanks for your ideas. I will look into a few of your suggestions. Being in Spain though makes it difficult to use a local mechanic as they are not really into Mustangs etc. Still Id rather have a Stang than a Seat :nono: which is now owned by VW anyway but don't tell the Spanish. Any other help and advice please let me know.

Cheers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
sounds like motor mounts however it is possible for it to need a harmonic balancer and a tune up but check your oil and make sure ou dont have any flakes in it could be a main bearing going out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have heard a lot about the Harmonic Balancer. What is the best way of checking to see if this is the problem? Also this motor has only done 20K so it is still very young.

Cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
jack it up and look at the motor mounts they should not be cracked or popped even with only 20000 on the car they are probaly as old as the car the harmonic balancer should not be cracked or any chunks missing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.