Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across an oil filter site with a full glass synthetic media. This filter claims to filter down to 5 microns with 95% efficacy. This filter also claims a warranty of 10 years or 100,000 mile. I personally would never extend an oil filter that far out. I would have no hesitation to go the full 12 months/10,000 that the new mustang recommends with this quality of filter if it is true to the spec given. This filter also recommends a special magnet that attaches to the filter that will trap the fine steel paticles that are normal wear on the engine but yet are too small to trap in most filters. These steel particles can still cause 60% wear on a motor. These magnets are a lifetime one time purchase and transfer from one filter to the next. I will have to do some more research on the validity of these magnets. If they prove to be valid I would not minding spending an extra $40 for a set. The cost of the filter is $26 for the Mustang 5.0. The site for these oil filters and magnets is SyN Lube 4 Life. Has anyone out there tried these filters yet and/or magnets. Thanks.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
131 Posts
I came across an oil filter site with a full glass synthetic media. This filter claims to filter down to 5 microns with 95% efficacy. This filter also claims a warranty of 10 years or 100,000 mile. I personally would never extend an oil filter that far out. I would have no hesitation to go the full 12 months/10,000 that the new mustang recommends with this quality of filter if it is true to the spec given. This filter also recommends a special magnet that attaches to the filter that will trap the fine steel paticles that are normal wear on the engine but yet are too small to trap in most filters. These steel particles can still cause 60% wear on a motor. These magnets are a lifetime one time purchase and transfer from one filter to the next. I will have to do some more research on the validity of these magnets. If they prove to be valid I would not minding spending an extra $40 for a set. The cost of the filter is $26 for the Mustang 5.0. The site for these oil filters and magnets is SyN Lube 4 Life. Has anyone out there tried these filters yet and/or magnets. Thanks.:bigthumbsup
Their web page looks like he hired his sixth grader to make it. I wouldn't touch it with a stick, based on the look of the web page and the fact that they're somewhere in the Nevada desert... which brings to my mind a picture someone working out of a shed in back of their dilapidated trailer.

See:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts