Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Poland, and I need help guys. I bought Mustang 65 two years ago and its nearly done, but I have one problem with matching paint color. I saw this mustang 65 when I was 14 and I loved it !!!. But I do not know what paint code is it. I think Ford 2002 French Blue, but it seems a little bit different. Sorry for grammar mistakes. I attach some photos of my car , and car that I saw ten nine years ago, I even bought the same wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Not sure what they have in poland but here a lot of the paint suppliers have hand held scanners.They will scan a flat spot on your car and mix paint to match

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi Karol, welcome to AFM. So the blue car is the one you saw 10 years ago, and your car is the primed coup? I don't think that blue is a stock 65/66 ford color, so if you just want a nice blue metallic I would start looking at newer cars trying to find a paint code you like. I assume it would be a clear coat finish, must it be a water base paint, or can you use solvent based paint in Poland? You could choose anything from a BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etc if your not worried about a stock color. Where was your car built, in the USA or Amsterdam? Where in Poland are you? I visited Gadansk and loved it, not so much for Warsaw.

·
0 Posts
yes take it to a shop or paint suppply store the store can take a picture of it with special camera and make the paint up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THX Guys, I will go with French Blue Metallic Ford paint. When it will be done. I will post some pictures of it how it look like after all.
geicoman58:

It was bought in Wisconsin, and it's built in Poland, we have really good mechanics here, my mechanic restore cars like Mercedes Pagoda to events like Essen Motor Show.

If you want to vist Poland again go to Kraków (Cracov)
its match way better than Warsaw even for me. Much more to see and do.
I'm from Stary Sącz really nice place too. I will done some photo session of my Mustang in my town so you can see some landscapes, how architecture look like etc.

I'm Realy Proud To Have an American Classic Car!!! My dream is to visit your country, I love yours approach to life, people etc.

It will be painted in a mouth. I have one more question about stripes. What exact width should it be?

Greeting form Poland.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Regarding strip widths:

Tech Info

Scroll down to the 'Installation Instructions and Diagrams' section, and it's the fourth link under that heading.

·
0 Posts
Regarding strip widths:

Tech Info

Scroll down to the 'Installation Instructions and Diagrams' section, and it's the fourth link under that heading.
Hello;

the chances of that car being french blue are extremely small.

1. french blue started in 2001. if you saw the car before that it can't be french blue.

2. it is similar to acapulco blue but it is on an odd car and it is highly unlikely that someone would had seen this color on that car and said "hey this looks almost like acapulco blue, i think i'll paint my mustang a non mustang color even though it is similar". mustang peoploe rarely do that.

below are several acapoulco blue mustangs. you can see thst the color varies a bit from car to car.

just get a large 20 cm x 20 cm sample painted on this sheet metal from the hardware store before you paint the car to see if you like it. the painter can tint the paint a little too.

i would use the acapoulco blue.

french blue looking head on.

2005 Ford French Blue paint

acapulco blue cars.

ford acapulco blue - Google Search

Attachments

·
0 Posts
I need help guys. I bought Mustang 65 two years... ...I have one problem with matching paint color. I saw this mustang 65 when I was 14 and I loved it !!!. But I do not know what paint code is it. I think Ford 2002 French Blue, but it seems a little bit different.
Hello. :) :welcome
The car in the picture looks like it is Acapulco Blue. :)

Below are several Acapulco blue mustangs. you can see that the color varies a bit from car to car.

Just get a large 20 cm x 20 cm sample painted on this sheet metal from the hardware store before you paint the car to see if you like it. the painter can tint the paint a little too.

I would use the Acapulco blue.

French blue looking head on.

2005 Ford French Blue paint

Acapulco blue cars.

ford acapulco blue - Google Search
you suck at the internets
Hello KarolMustang;

I'm not quite sure how lisers comment above will help you with your color selection. I also don't know how the word "sucks" applies to painting a car since in my experience, paint is applied by "SPRAYING" it on with pressure, and not "SUCKING" it on. Perhaps he was thinking of vacuum metalizing....I dunno.

Perhaps he also thinks that Veronica's guess of Acapulco Blue is wrong or maybe that it is a bad idea to show you photos of Acapulco color cars so you can see that it cam look similar to French blue and how one particular color of paint can vary noticeably.

Maybe he just thinks it is a bad idea to spray a decent size test panel before you spend a lot of money on painting the entire car only to possibly find out that French Blue is actually NOT the color of the car that you like so much.

Personally, I think Veronica's guess is a very good one and that her comments as well as the comments from most of the others were helpful.

At least some of us hope you end up with the color you want and are trying to help you in this regard.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Post #9. You quoted the wrong person. I should write you a primer in quoting as I did for posting pics.

Spare us your passive aggressive BS about "at least some of us contributed." I don't know the answer to his color question; I do for the stripes and answered accordingly. Then I responded tongue in cheek to your oversight thinking you'd appreciate it since you excel in humor, but you just got all butthurt.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts