Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new on this forum and I need help for a friend, he had a 1995 Mustang 3.8 L and he want to replace to engine by a V8 351, he want to know if he need to replace the transmission or just the belhousing, I think he will need the transmission from a 5.0 L but I want to confirm it.

Thank's for your help.

Francis

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
el docum said:
Hello,

I'm new on this forum and I need help for a friend, he had a 1995 Mustang 3.8 L and he want to replace to engine by a V8 351, he want to know if he need to replace the transmission or just the belhousing, I think he will need the transmission from a 5.0 L but I want to confirm it.

Thank's for your help.

Francis
yeah, you'll need a tranny from a 5.0L, or BETTER to handle a 351's torque.

If it's a performance build, you should ditch ANY ideas of using a t-5 and go with a 3650 or t56.

A t-5 from an old 5.0L will go south in no time.

You're going to have to change the rear end, and the front springs & struts, and you'll have to work around the PATS as well . . .

·
Registered
29 Posts
BWT, PATS is the anti theft system in the computer, inwhich my 99 has the PATSII system. I accidentally set mine off while changing out the CCRM or we did so somewhere along the way anyways. The only way to fix it is to have two keys, or take it to the dealer. I dont know if the PATS system is the same as the II but keep that in mind. I just let my car sit for like 3 days and we plugged everything in and it worked. WALLA Luck was with me.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
99'StangTx said:
BWT, PATS is the anti theft system in the computer, inwhich my 99 has the PATSII system. I accidentally set mine off while changing out the CCRM or we did so somewhere along the way anyways. The only way to fix it is to have two keys, or take it to the dealer. I dont know if the PATS system is the same as the II but keep that in mind. I just let my car sit for like 3 days and we plugged everything in and it worked. WALLA Luck was with me.
it's keyed to the engine type, the 351 doesn't have one, so the system won't allow you to start the car. It's different that when it just goes off.

It's in there to defeat chop shops. It's a b**** to work around. It can be done, but it's a costly electrical job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.