Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Thanks for posting! I am part of this recall. I am sure the recall notice is in the mail. I am guessing it has to do with the weight of the person in the seat.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I'm on the list... Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'm on the list too. I hope they don't do me a favor and re-flash the PCM to the stock tune.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yup I got the 08C02 recall also. Damn. I saw someone say it probably has to do with the weight of the person in the seat. I noticed when my daughter is sitting in the seat it reads air bag off. She only weighs 80 lbs. (She's 9.) But I know chemistry and air bags are deployed with C02. Might have to do with leaking cabondioxide not allowing bag to deploy when/if needed.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I'd rather sacrifice my passenger's safety than have them reflash my car. :hihi: (just kidding actually)
Don't allow skinny people in your passenger seat. :hihi:
or have them hold one of your old car parts sacrificed for a mod.

·
Registered
8 Posts
But I know chemistry and air bags are deployed with C02. Might have to do with leaking cabondioxide not allowing bag to deploy when/if needed.
Um, didn't work that way when I worked for Ford... The amount of CO2 needed to inflate an airbag as fast as in an accident would require quite a large canister with a valve that wouldn't freeze over from the sheer volume of gas expansion into the air bag itself. (Imagine the size of your steering wheel then!)

Back in the day (1988-1989, it was a short time, I know), it was a chemical reaction involving sodium azide that inflated the bags. This was when airbags were first becoming more commonplace in cars. Nasty stuff that sodium azide: basically a HazMat incident if you ever saw anything dripping from an airbag module. But a much smaller package with a larger gaseous release.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm on it too. As the other thread said, this won't effect us for those of us with tunes.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Im on the list too can someone explain what this recall is for. Is it for the passenger airbag sensor not reading right or something what is a restraint controll module.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I wonder if wallys bullit is on the list lol

·
Registered
922 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Looks like mine is in the recall. Would be handy if I could take care of it at the dealer near me, but I don't really trust them. Probably will make the drive back to the dealer I bought it from.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.