Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 82 mustang Gt air dam fit my 81 mustang?? My 81 mustang has the grill with all the slots and the 82 only has thoses 2 lines... (you shiould know what I am tlaking about) Anyways is there any way I can make it fit??
Thanks,
Flipy

·
Registered
142 Posts
It should fit regardless of the grille. I just looked at my 82 and the air dam is seperate from the headlight / grille section. It comes apart somehow, never done it but looks like you should be able to retrofit it to your 81. Would be cooler if you could get the whole nose piece with the 82 grille!

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
It won't be an easy, direct swap, the 1982 was slightly different from the 1981. If you're handy with tools, you should be able to finagle it on there. This is of course what I've seen and heard from others who've tried this swap.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yeah if you have the nose cover that did not originally with an air dam you need to find the upper cover as well as the air dam. The first time i put my air dam on I just used some mounting hardware I had for some other projects, it didnt look good. So, now I am doing it correctly with a 79 Pace car nose, still looking for the air dam thou. A 79-82 Pace Car/GT nose will work, also there is the air dam that was found on some of the 79-86 Capris will work too. Good luck finding everything, they are rare and usually expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts