Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals. For those of you (like myself) that wished Ford had put the express down and up feature on the verts rear windows, there is now a solution! :laughlitt I just ordered the Webelectric one-touch express up and down module. Check it out at webelectricproducts. The link to the module is on the left. These people think of everything! I am still pondering whether to get the pony corral insert next. Hmmm... :wavey

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I got the module installed today. The windows work as advertised. I even used the passenger side switch in place of the original, so now all the switches on the drivers side say AUTO. I'm getting a good deal on a new passenger side switch from my local dealer. I also found them online at Bob Utter Ford parts for $36.86. Total cost is a bit pricey, but whoever said modding a stang was gonna be cheap. :laughlitt :wavey

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you use the supplied 'quick-connects' or did you solder the wires?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just tap on the button to lower the top and all the windows come down.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I do the same thing. I never run with the fronts down and the rears up anyway. I like the old style 'No Post' look. It would be handy to have an express up feature. I wonder if I install one of these if it will work with my remote down feature.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thanks for the tip 2k5GTC. I just got my convertible on Saturday and today noticed what a pain in the culo it is not to have the auto up & down on the rear windows ! Now if we could just get the convertible top to go one touch up & down, we'll be set. I feel like I'm practicing giving the bird to someone while I put the top up & down.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I do the same thing. I never run with the fronts down and the rears up anyway. I like the old style 'No Post' look. It would be handy to have an express up feature. I wonder if I install one of these if it will work with my remote down feature.
What remote down feature?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi guys and gals. For those of you (like myself) that wished Ford had put the express down and up feature on the verts rear windows, there is now a solution! :laughlitt I just ordered the Webelectric one-touch express up and down module. Check it out at webelectricproducts. The link to the module is on the left. These people think of everything! I am still pondering whether to get the pony corral insert next. Hmmm... :wavey
Webelectric Products is top notch in my book. I've purchased quite a few of their items. I think I will also do the one touch rear windows.
By the way, I highly recommend the Pony Grill from them too! Excellent quality and goes on in no time. Looks factory.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
I recently purchased the auto up/down for rear windows from Web Electric. Install was a piece of cake, and the product works great ! Not bad for my 1rst mod, now onto my Corsa exhaust coming in this week !

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I like the idea of an express down (or up) for the rear, but in all reality, my top is usually already down. So it really is not an issue for me. I queite often park my girl in the garage witht he top already down. But just in case, I will chekc it out and may be get this little mod.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I like the idea of an express down (or up) for the rear, but in all reality, my top is usually already down. So it really is not an issue for me. I queite often park my girl in the garage witht he top already down. But just in case, I will chekc it out and may be get this little mod.
You must live closer to the equator than me...:sadcry:

I leave my top down during the warm months.

·
Registered
57 Posts
MrV,

I'm surprised that you would park your car with the top down. I understand that you drive the car with the top down most if not all of the time you drive it, but I heard (maybe I'm wrong), that when you have a convertible, you are supposed to park the car with the top up, so as not to crease and ruin the top. Am I wrong about about this? I think an upholstery guy told me this.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I agree that you should not leave the top down for an extended amount of time, but this is my first vert so what do I know ? I do notice crease marks when I leave the top down for a day or two. Where I live you can't leave the top down because someone will steal your car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts