1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi​

I would like to buy E2 body kit
from mustangdepot.com​

Anyone have any dealings with these people good or bad?
:happyhapp

·
Registered
1 Posts
no but watch out for superior mustang

Here is a sample of the blogs I will be putting all over the web and on mustang forums and anywhere else I can get my message out. If you search some of the mustang forums and blogs you WILL find similar stories of Superior mustang ripping off people and then not answering their calls and messages.

I have been a car enthusiast and custom car builder since 1969. I have purchased auto parts from a wide variety of establishments over the years and not had any real problems. Superior Mustang has changed all that. In January 2008 I ordered, via phone , with my credit card, a new convertible top (black) for my 1971 mustang from Superior Mustang. My credit card was charged by them. After 6 week and number of calls from me, they still claimed they had shipped it, even though it had not arrived and they had NO tracking number. At that point they said they would ship my another one. 4 weeks later I received a box containing a convertible top, but it was not the correct one. It was for a Mercury Cougar, not a Mustang, and it was black with a white rear window panel. By this time I was having a hard time getting them on the phone and they would not answer my emails or phone messages. Finally I got ahold of them and they said that they could not find a vendor with a top for a 1971 Mustang to ship me. By then it was almost 3 months since I ordered a top from Superior Mustang and they charged my credit card several hundred dollars. So I told them I was going to order a top from another company, that I would send the wrong top they had shipped to me back to them, and I wanted my charges credited back to my credit card. When I got my credit card statement the next month, I had NOT been credited back by Superior Mustang. By this time I had received the correct top from Virginia Mustang and had it installed. It took a number of calls, and again my voice messages were not answered, before I was able to speak to someone. I was told they had received the top I returned ( the wrong one, for a Cougar ) and that they would make sure I was credited back. Again, when I got my credit card statement the next month I had not gotten my money back. This is now almost 5 months since I had been charged for a top I never got, and 2 months after I sent their wrong top back, and been assured TWICE that I would get my money back. Again they didn't seem able and/or inclined to return the numerous phone messages asking them to call me and/or return my money. To this date, January 25th 2009 , I have NOT received any of my money back for a convertible top I was charged for but NEVER received.
I strongly recommend that no one order any parts from Superior Mustang unless they don't care if they may be ripped off.
On the other hand, I have gone on to order several thousand dollars of restoration parts from V M
and have always found them to be quick to ship, very helpful.
Again, do not order from Superior Mustang, they knowingly ripped me off. Maybe they don't think several hundered dollars is a big deal, but I do. AND I STILL WANT MY MONEY BACK !!! They have had my money for over a year, and told me 3 or 4 times they would make sure I was credited back. If this is how they treat customers they can not be trusted !!!!!

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Bought from them a number of times. Called and gave them my credit card number. Within 1 to 2 days I received all parts. Even when they had to ship from another location it only took an extra day or so. I ordered the wrong part, I had to send it back they even repaid my shipping cost unlike Jegs.

S

·
0 Posts
thanks guys

how about mustangsunlimited.com is it :bigthumbsup or :nono:

I've ordered from MU in the past but not recently. I never had any issues whatsoever and would order from them again.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thumbs up to mustangs unlimited...never had any issues from those guys. However - the connecticut division has more of the "techy" guys in that one if you have a specific question...georgia's good for ordering parts. They're closer to me being in Texas if I need something the local guys are out of.

I've also ordered from mustang depot and got that kit. Couple of pointers dealing with them - Know what you want. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I found the couple things I had minor questions on before ordering, I ended up debating them on their opinion vs. mine.

That kit is not as easy as it looks. It is "close" to fitment and requires A LOT of time fiberglassing, custom fitting, adjustments, trimming and what not to end up looking right. Remember, each car is unique to fitment, and those kits are stamped out in a mold identically. So I ended up changing the shape of several things to get it to fit right.

PM me if you have any specific questions on the kit or how I did it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thumbs up to mustangs unlimited...never had any issues from those guys. However - the connecticut division has more of the "techy" guys in that one if you have a specific question...georgia's good for ordering parts. They're closer to me being in Texas if I need something the local guys are out of.

I've also ordered from mustang depot and got that kit. Couple of pointers dealing with them - Know what you want. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I found the couple things I had minor questions on before ordering, I ended up debating them on their opinion vs. mine.

That kit is not as easy as it looks. It is "close" to fitment and requires A LOT of time fiberglassing, custom fitting, adjustments, trimming and what not to end up looking right. Remember, each car is unique to fitment, and those kits are stamped out in a mold identically. So I ended up changing the shape of several things to get it to fit right.

PM me if you have any specific questions on the kit or how I did it.
wow

nice answer

I found the e2 kit on mu in this link
Http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/Ca...ageNo=2&Category=&Keywords=e2&CatKey=emustang

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

PM me if you have any specific questions on the kit or how I did it
could you tell me how you did it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thumbs up to Mustangs Unlimited ordered some seat belts and a few other things. Ordered them on a Thursday at noon and on Friday at 1:00 my order was sitting on my front porch with regular shipping cant get any better than that.

·
Registered
579 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.