Ford Mustang Forum banner

Mustang desperately needs 5.0!

999 9
Im curious why Ford didn't address the Camaro right when it came out with relatively the same amount of horsepower. Right now just about everyone I talk to says they would take a Camaro hands down to the mustang. Had the Mustang wrangled up some more horses and gave IRS a shot I think stories might have changed. Could you imagine 400hp and IRS on the 2010 Mustang? I think motortrend, car and driver, and road & track would have something else to say.

Currently im reading the 2010 Mustang is about half a second slower then the Camaro yet out handles the Camaro on the skidpad and in the slalom. With roughly 400 HP I would bet the Mustang would be a couple tenth's quicker in the quarter and with IRS the Mustang would dominate the skidpad as well provide better ride.

Just seems odd to me that Ford would give away a big chunk of their market... :scratchchin

If only I worked for Ford :D
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Yeah a 400HP 302CI IRS Mustang would be great. The Mustang might finally be able to hang with the imports with one. Since some people want to drag and others want to race I think they should make the IRS one of two rear axle set ups. SRA or IRS like we have auto or stick you see?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.