Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv been looking at the new camaro coming out in first quarter of 2009, curious about what ford has to compete against. really dosent look good, performance wise, and maybe even astheticly too.

the camero v6 is a dohc 3.6L puttin out 300hp and 273 lb.-ft. of torque, the v8 is 6.2L V-8 422 hp and 408 lb.-ft. of torque.

i know the 2010 mustang gt gets a 15 hp boost, but still, this is gonna hurt when you pull up to the lights with a gt and some v6 camaro gives you the nod, hes probably lighter ( assuming v6 would be lighter ) and same hp rating, mustang has more torque but still, it bothers me that ford isnt trying dohc in any of their mustangs, it seems like their neglecting their mustang line up, their focusing on the f150 a little to much. i wont even talk about a mustang gt vs a camaro SS.

this dosent leave much for the mustang v6, with chev back in the game.

someone please tell me otherwise, im a huge mustang fan, always wanted one sense i was about 12, im just worried that the mustang name is gonna get swept under the carpet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
actually the italion mustang designed by that italion fellar concept is supposed to have 522 horse with a manual
i love how ford waits till chevrolet does something then ford does it 10x better
cant wait till that weird lookin thing comes out i mean it doesnt lookin domestic at all but its still kool lookin

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Let's see if GM is even producing the Camarao anymore since they can't even pay their bills. I doubt the Camaro will ever see the light of day. I feel a cancellation coming hard and heavy in GM's face.....

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I've been thinking the same thing about the newer Mustangs. Ford needs to step it up!! At least go with a DOHC and they should probably increase to a 5.0 or maybe even a 6.0 liter engine. They really just need to make the Mustang better, even if Chevrolet doesn't produce the Camaro.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
iv been looking at the new camaro coming out in first quarter of 2009, curious about what ford has to compete against. really dosent look good, performance wise, and maybe even astheticly too.

the camero v6 is a dohc 3.6L puttin out 300hp and 273 lb.-ft. of torque, the v8 is 6.2L V-8 422 hp and 408 lb.-ft. of torque.

i know the 2010 mustang gt gets a 15 hp boost, but still, this is gonna hurt when you pull up to the lights with a gt and some v6 camaro gives you the nod, hes probably lighter ( assuming v6 would be lighter ) and same hp rating, mustang has more torque but still, it bothers me that ford isnt trying dohc in any of their mustangs, it seems like their neglecting their mustang line up, their focusing on the f150 a little to much. i wont even talk about a mustang gt vs a camaro SS.

someone please tell me otherwise, im a huge mustang fan, always wanted one sense i was about 12, im just worried that the mustang name is gonna get swept under the carpet.
IF, and that is a BIG IF, the camaro actually comes out and has the specs they say while yeah the camaro does have the same hp it also has 50 ft lbs of tq and also weighs about 300-400 lbs more. Don't believe what everybody says, the V6 camaro will NOT take a Mustang GT stock vs stock with equal drivers :nono:. But who knows if the camaro will even come out, and if it does what kind of hp and tq it will have.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
A stock V6 Camaro would not stand up to a Stock GT of the same year. The new GT is supposed to be within 15lbs of what it is now, have better power and torque curve, and have the better gearing options as well as a better tune too. The V6 Camaro will not have those options and it will be the same weight or more as the GT.

·
Registered
73 Posts

I totally agree with you man,im a huge mustang fan,i cant stand when someone talks **** about Stangs,i dont want the Mustangs to get swept under the carpet either,Mustangs Rock :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
899 Posts
But are base models really fair to compare head to head? I see a lot of base models from other manufacturers that are what we would consider "modified" if we had the same things on our Mustangs. ;)

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Have you guys been watching the news at all lately? If you ask me, we might just be witnessing the last of the fast factory produced cars in the near future.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have you guys been watching the news at all lately? If you ask me, we might just be witnessing the last of the fast factory produced cars in the near future.
What do you mean ?:scratchchin

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think the mustang GT will easily beat the camaro v6, but the SS is another story. The camaro will also be better handling than the mustang with its IRS. But, the mustang is still lighter than the camaro.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.