Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 GT has done this twice to me now. I was sitting at the light waiting till it was clear to make my left hand turn when all of a sudden
the rpms went to about 4 and then keep climbing. My foot was not on the accelerator at all. this also happened to my boy friend about a week ago as he was at the light, he almost rear ended someone cause of this. I was told from someone that there was a recall and that ford had to reset the computer reading to solve this problem.

Well I went to the ford dealer and they wanted me to pay, I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem with there mustangs. and if they know about any recall. if not i will just pay up and fix it. I really hate fly by wire throttle, miss having a throttle cable going directly from the gas pedal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
check the bolts on your throttle body mine did that to me too you know where you can rev up the car at there is a top bolt on that butterfly piece make sure that is on my came off some how scary stuff glad your safe

·
Registered
148 Posts
MY buddies old Ranger had a constant idle air control problem. The truck would randomly rev to high rpm. I would take a look at your idle air control.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
There is no IAC on these cars. It's completely electronic throttle control.
No IAC! No cable! What kind of world are we living in?!:happyhapp

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry, I am pretty new to the electronic throttle setups. I presumed it still had an IAC. I learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
It sounds like a bad throttle position sensor. I would look to that first, although when they go, they usually just go bad and you don't get throttle at all.. If Ford is saying there is a known issue, I would probably start there, but if it's a recall they can't charge you for it. If it's just a TSB, you will likely have to pay to get it fixed. This isn't something you want to skimp on though, a few dollars is far cheaper than an accident, especially one where someone gets hurt.

I guess I would tell the Ford dealer to do the TSB, and tell them if it doesn't fix it they need to put a new TPS in for a discount for identifying the problem inaccurately.. ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
auto bots roll out lol.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you've never heard of a throttle cable sticking at WOT, you don't know a thing about cars!!! :gringreen :gringreen :gringreen
I have i just prefer the cable rather than having everything run electronically.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.