Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I had my first experience of putting my 05 GT on a Mustang Dyno. I really learned a lot about dynomometers. I also learned a lot about tuning my engine. You can't understand the power of your car until you've stood beside it while it's doing 125 MPH. I had the work done at Blood Enterprises, Auburn, WA. Blood is well respected and known in these parts as one of the best speed makers around (www.bloodenterprises.com). It's also a very hands on shop so you're invited into the shop to help out instead of waiting in a lobby. They use a Mustang Dyno. Unlike the most of the dynos out there, the Mustang dyno simulates the real world wind resistance, road resistance, etc., applying resistance as RPMs increase. The faster you go the more the resistance from the dyno. Just like in the real world, the faster you go, the harder it is to go faster. This gives a true, measured horsepower, unlike most dynos that just measure how fast you can turn a weighted drum. Blood says the Mustang Dyno numbers are pretty consistantly 15% less than the other dynos, but they are a more true representation of the horsepower. I don't want a dyno debate, you can find that here: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50797&highlight=mustang+dyno.

We did 5 pulls, one for a baseline, two without nitrous and two with nitrous. Basically the numbers are [email protected], 260 ft-lb torque without nitrous and [email protected] with 356 ft-lbs torque with nitrous. I thought those numbers sounded pretty low but he Blood assured me those were right in line with the other 05 GTs he's worked on. He said 245 would be about 280 on the other dynos and 302 would be 348. Anyway, I'll stick with 302, it's the truth. And besides, the proof is in the pudding, 245 hp pushed me to a 13.32 quarter mile. Now I have over 300 true rwhp I think that number will shrink when the drag strip opens back up.

Check out the tremendous boost you get with nitrous!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Sounds like a nice shop and a great experience.
Was that a 75hp shot?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts