Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just about to buy my first mustang. I've been a huge fan ever since my brother bought his first Mustang when I was a little kid. He then bought a brand new 1998 GT and I was officially hooked, while I was only 13 at the time, I always loved his car, loved being seen in it and going for drives. He always told me that he would sell me his car, but he still has it and refuses to give it up.

So here I am 13 years later about to get my first one, from his wife, of all people. It'll be a 2000 GT with only 80,000 miles on it. My eyes are already bigger than my wallet, but the first thing I need to tackle is a slight issue it has with it's ABS/TC system. To my knowledge, the light had been coming on every once in a while, and when she got it inspected, they couldn't get it to come on, so they passed it, and it's been fine. Well now the light is on completely and she took it back to the dealer so they could finally check the code, and I guess they are saying it has something to do with the Electronic Braking Module??? And that it might need to be replaced, it sounds expensive, so I guess my first question as a member is if anyone is familiar with a problem similar to this, and if there is any quick fix I might be able to do when I pick the car up.

I am relatively mechanically inclined and could do a lot of stuff on my own withouth much trouble, but if this is something over my head, I have no problem bring it to a qualified technician. Just thought I'd throw it out there, talk to you guys later.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Modules are located with the fuses. Should be easy to locate from the owners manual. If thats the problem, it should be a cheap fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts