Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there's a security mechanism to prevent accidental shift to R while driving? I did it the other day by accident while moving, I was going around 50km/h and put it in reverse and realised it so put it back in drive (all happened in less than 1 or 2 seconds). I didn't feel anything happen, I didn't feel that the car had indeed shifted to reverse so I was just wondering if anyone heard of a mechanism like this. If it exists, thank god because it saved my tranny lol =)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's one thing I realised as well, usually from what I've seen, you have to step on the break to be able to shift to reverse but that's not the case with my mustang, I just have to push the button on shifter to shift to reverse.. I was thinking I'd reverse it by mistake at some point when I saw that you didn't need to step on the break to shift to neutral lol :) Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You mean it's not like that in all mustangs? I didn't know that! I thought Mustang's didn't have that thing where you need to step on the break to put it in reverse! I thought it was just how the car was..

I know my dads car had it, and after I got my Mustang I thought it was interesting that they didn't do it the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.