Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an overheat condition when I'm in stop n go traffic for extended periods of time. I have the motoblue pulley reduction kit installed but I'm not positive this is the cause. I have checked the fluid level the fan is working and there are no apparent leaks. Anyone have any idea if the reduction is the cause or am I missing something else?

Also does anyone know if you can use the Meziere high flow electric water pump with the motoblue pulley reduction kit installed?

My concern with that is I would have to switch back to the factory pullies which may fix the problem anyway and eliminate the need for the electric pump. :needahand:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm confused why you need to have UDP's and an electric pump. I have steeda UDP's with stock pump. I never had any issues.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm confused why you need to have UDP's and an electric pump. I have steeda UDP's with stock pump. I never had any issues.
I don't want to go with the eletric pump but if the water pump can not keep the car cool with the reduced pulley I need to correct it by either going back to factory pullies or installing the electric water pump which I don't know if it will work with the under drive pulley set up. The electric pump has an idler pulley for the belt so you can retain the factory belt.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think you might want to try it with stock pump. I think that your generator may not be pushing enough juice for the electric pump and all the rest of your electrical. I was advised by steeda that if I have amps on my stereo I may have problems if I didn't upgrade the generator. If your using stock pump , it could be bad. Can you lissen closely for bad bearings, it would make a chatering sound.

I'd check your water pump, it should keep up easily as long as its not bad.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I drove my 05 with the stock cooling system 4hr on Rt80 last week when it was 98 deg. I got tired and pulled off the highway for a 15 min power nap and left the A/C on and the engine ideling. I also got stuck for about 20 to 25 min stopped on the highway when someone rear ended a truck in a construction zone with one lane. One destroyed Chevy SUV. Paint chips on the rear steel gaurd on the 18 wheeler. My car sat at 205 deg the whole time. That is where I have the high fan set. I was worried about it at first but am pleased that the stock system handled the heat with the Techco SC installed. I put the stock pulley back on when I installed the SC just for this reason.

Your cooling system problem is either a bad Thermostat or the water pump is not truning fast enough. Obviously the stock pulley is the cheapest way to go. Why dont you put it back on and see if it helps. If not then your problem is something else. GA

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
Yes the UDPs will work with an electric water pump. You will need to change to a shorter belt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.