Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem. P2106 P0610 P061B. Thought it was a throttle body. Bought a stock one off Ebay from a 100% guy that said it was working off a 2006 13k car. thought I could trust him. Put it on and again fall on its face safe mode. Either I got another bad one or its somewhere else. I did put a CAI from a company called K&M not K&n. It did run fine for a while with great improved performance. Hate to keep buying parts. where else do I look. This sight is the best for finding mustang problems. Help:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
37 Posts
Out of curiosity, did you put the spring on correctly on the driver side of the throttle body?? I had this happen to me after I took my TB off to clean it and did not put the spring on correctly. You need to remove the cover for the spring and recoil it and lock it into place, it cannot just sit there.

Just some FYI, not sure if thats it or not.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I have a feeling that you may have a short in a harness somewhere or your PCM is failing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only harness that was injured in the accident was the head light horn harness. I do not see what on if all lghts and horn is off. The other harness was not touched. Goes into the body shop today with a good light harness. Can't see how it has any electricity on but at at least that will be solved. I put a K&M filter not K&N on it replacing the broken OEM Box. Could it be there. I was hoping to solve this issue before my car was tied up. Its starts good and sounds good so I am hoping it is an easy fix. Looking forward to doing a Elenore look alike Screaming Yellow black stripes. Thanks for your help leaving for Alaskian Cruise Married 30 years to the same woman. Be back in 10 days for some mustang fun:wavey

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
The only harness that was injured in the accident was the head light horn harness. I do not see what on if all lghts and horn is off. The other harness was not touched. Goes into the body shop today with a good light harness. Can't see how it has any electricity on but at at least that will be solved. I put a K&M filter not K&N on it replacing the broken OEM Box. Could it be there. I was hoping to solve this issue before my car was tied up. Its starts good and sounds good so I am hoping it is an easy fix. Looking forward to doing a Elenore look alike Screaming Yellow black stripes. Thanks for your help leaving for Alaskian Cruise Married 30 years to the same woman. Be back in 10 days for some mustang fun:wavey
Congrats... Have fun and don't worry about the car while you're gone. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.