Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would this be a could combo for a auto gt 4.10's and fi since i dont have to shift and worry about missing gears wouldn't it be a really good way of getting awesome acceleration?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I'm confused about what you're asking, but a SC with 4.10s is going to be real tough to get traction off the line.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YA but i want a big diff now and a sc isnt a guarantee there are people that like having both could i hear from u guys?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
YA but i want a big diff now and a sc isnt a guarantee there are people that like having both could i hear from u guys?
A supercharger is a guarantee hahahahhahah :D

Most people that have 4.10s and any form of F/I complain about how useless 1st gear is.

I have an automatic & I'm planning on a turbo/twin-screw... I'll be putting in 3.73s. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Unless you have drag radials, traction will be an issue with 4.10s and a T/S. Another option is a centri S/C since they produce their power in the upper RPM ranges.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
isnt a centri and turbo same both produce power at high rpm's so your saying i go that route im ok?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
isnt a centri and turbo same both produce power at high rpm's so your saying i go that route im ok?
Not exactly... Turbo's can make power at low RPMs depending on the size of the turbo (smaller the turbo, sooner the boost).

Stl has (had) 4.10s and has a Vortech (centifugal) and says 4.10s are too much.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
even with a automatic? i hear some people love the combo just nobody here.

·
Banned
696 Posts
4.10's will make you lag if you choose to put a turbo in the car. Numerically lower gears are much better for a turbo, ESPECIALLY in an automatic. You want max load as soon as possible the stock gears are fine for that.

Other than I'm not sure what you're asking............

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Dude personally what gears do you have now?? Either way, i went from 3.31 to 3.73s just a lil while back.. I honestly love them, but i am left wondering what the 4.10s would have been like, i wish i bought 4.10s.. :(

I sure as hell would do 4.10s even with F/I since im auto.. Everyone that says its too much and is a waste in 1st gear has a manual and apparently can't shift that fast.. Auto will have no problem, the only problem you'd have is traction.. Who cares though? Get DR's.. If you have a supercharger or turbo with alot of power you may have the same issue about traction.

Just get DR's and get the 4.10s and boost =).. Be a rebel lol:laugh:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya i thnk i will go 4.10's

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Don W, who used to post on here, has an auto with 4.10s and a K/B. The car is his daily driver, but he uses M&H drag radials for the street and M/T for the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.