Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this morning the lever on the back side of the passenger seat failed. it popped off when Wonderwoman was retrieving her backpack from the rear. Do i need to get a whole new seat, a new release assembly or is it a quick fix with just a new lever? I'm totally at a loss for words about it, and have no idea what to do...

There will be blood!!(thats all i know):run_over:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Do i need to get a whole new seat, a new release assembly or is it a quick fix with just a new lever?
I think the best thing to do is trade in the car for one that has a good seat lever. Or if that seems too over-reactive you could just get a replacement latch assembly under warranty from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Some have had them replaced under warranty only to have them break again. AFM member blk281gt has developed a billet aluminum replacement and hopefully will have them ready to market soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine broke about a year ago. Mine was just the plastic knob that broke, the lever itself is kind of recessed in the seat a little. The dealer just put a new plastic knob on. Of course they put in on upside down and the seat wouldn't release. Took it back and they fixed it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys i set up an appointment at greenway ford for wednesday. are all cars this problematic because we seem to have quite a few issues throughout the community.:headscratch:

·
Registered
137 Posts
i replaced one yesterday under warranty at work........if it is just the plastic knob that fell off it is easy, the new one just snaps on there. Is the metal rod still coming out of the seat and functioning properly??

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Mine broke about a year ago. Mine was just the plastic knob that broke, the lever itself is kind of recessed in the seat a little. The dealer just put a new plastic knob on. Of course they put in on upside down and the seat wouldn't release. Took it back and they fixed it.
LOL, that is great! maybe it was a Chinese worker :D right side up in China.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Its a RELEASE lever not a lifting lever. Pull up on lever with one hand and push seat forward with other. Or pull up with ONE finger and push seat forward with same hand, that's how I do it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. I just used the side lever until I took it into the dealership to have it fixed. All they did is replace the plastic clip.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
since i have heard about these stories for over a year, i make sure to tell my passengers to try and use the side lever as much as possible. Everyone knows i am worried about it breaking.

·
Registered
150 Posts
since i have heard about these stories for over a year, i make sure to tell my passengers to try and use the side lever as much as possible. Everyone knows i am worried about it breaking.

Same thing happened to my seat levers on both seats. Driver side just cracked, other one my 3-year old daughter kicked the crap out it, went flying into the front seat. LOL!

I'd be real interested in an aluminum replacement. But know what I found out? You can reinstall the clips upside down and they fit better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.