Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im new to exhaust and had a few questions. I have the stock set up now and wanted to run slp long tube headers, slp shorty x pipe and slp loud mouth. i was just wondering if this is a good idea or will it be way too loud. I also have the jlt cai and sct3, will i have to get a new tune? about what rwhp will i get out of that set up. thanks

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I've never had the slp loudmouths but hear that they are really loud. You should get another tune.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Really bad idea. I ran that same setup and it doesn't sound good. You need a real muffler on the end. You would absolutely need another tune. I gained 22 rwhp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Really bad idea. I ran that same setup and it doesn't sound good. You need a real muffler on the end. You would absolutely need another tune. I gained 22 rwhp.
I have a exhaust shop and put those mufflers on my 94Gt with off road H pipe and it sounded like straight pipes. I put a set of them on my friends 2004Gt with factory headpipe and it sounds sweet. I put super turbo's on my GT with the off road H pipe and that sounds nice. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
917 Posts
My friend had a similar setup and it was not a good sound. He would rev and it would be fine but coming back down it made this gunshot/rattle sound that just sounded horrible.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
SLP LM's are best run without LT's. Otherwise they are freeking LOUD!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.