Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone well im having a bit of a problem some of friends are deciding in which year was the fastest mustang ever made. Does one have an idea cause im just barely starting to get into the whole muscle class..any help would be great.

thank you :headscratch::so

·
Registered
383 Posts
that could be argued many, many ways. do you mean straight ford production? or are you throwing in shelby, roush, saleen or any other company that make a special kit for each year of these cars?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
This is going to be an interesting thread :popcorn:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I have heard that the Boss 351 was the fastest quarter mile Mustang (64-73).

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I can't believe any 71-73 was the fastest because they were the heaviest. I'm guessing the 69-70 Boss 429 or an 03-04 Cobra coupe, or 07-08 Shelby GT 500.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
shelby gt500 is slow because of the stock suspension and it being heavy, i'd say 03-04 terminators for a stock car if you do modded then a gt500 would walk all over a termi with some 28" tires and some good control arms

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
^ What.. so the highest horsepower mustang ever made is slow? Your way off man, the GT 500 and terminator is a drivers race.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
it's got 500hp wich is over exagerated. Anyways it should be in the 10's not 12's, it's terribly slow, overated, and over priced. like i said if your going with slight mods then it would terminate a terminator with some decent tires and a better suspension setup. horspower don't matter only what you can put the the ground. anyone can build somthing 1000hp+ and spin the wheels down the track

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Stock gt 500s run mid to low 12s bone stock. Ford Shelby GT500 Track Testing - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine 03-04 Cobras run high 12s bone stock. I'm talking stone stock right off the showroom floor here, the Gt 500 wins hands down. The GT 500 coupe weighs 3920 and the 03-04 cobra coupe 3665. 255 difference is easily made up with the extra 110 horsepower and more torque from the larger displacment 5.4..... I'm done with this pissing match, do some research and see what the majority of each car runs stock and see for yourself.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
and theres still a 15,000$ difference that 15grand can easily make up that 110hp and more weight reduction and run 10's. eh you made your point though if you have enough money to waste on a gT500 i would immagine you would have some extra cash to make it run better at the track. 12's for a 500hp car is terrible a 99-04 gt 4.6 2v with a supercharger nothing else can probably run mid 12's and you'll still have a 25,000$ price difference. the money is better spent else where its your own personal preference

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah Im Talking About Any Model Mustang Ever Made Not Just Straight Ford....cause I Seen Some 80's Models Run Pretty Good Times..

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
The Roush 427R:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.