Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have two questions about the mustang II. do the doors from all the mustang II years fit each other or is there an exception? from hatchback to coupe? t tops or not?

when i purchased my 1976 mustang i got another hood which i was told for a shaker, but i have never seen a shaker hood mustang II and ill show a picture of the hood as well because it doesn't even look like a mustang shaker shape. it looks like a trans am shaker but turned around. anyone have any ideas? (yes it does fit the mustang II)

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
all mustang II doors are the same but the glass is different from a coupe and a hatchback.

The hood you have looks like it had the area under a Mustang II scoop cut out. Maybe to let underhood heat out or to allow more air to the breather. My 77 Ghia has a simular hole under the scoop, but in my case it was to get some clearance with my highrise intake

·
Registered
164 Posts
You need to watch out for 1974 mustang parts that year is different from the 75-78 mustangs and alot of parts won't fit. I know the front parts from the firewall up won't fit because of the absence of the V-8 in 74 but I don't know if the doors are different though but I would stay away from the 74 parts just to be safe.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
The doors will fit. The hood isn't a shaker. The shakers are straight in the back not pointed. I replaced my cobra hood scoop with a shaker and the holes wasn't even close.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what throws me off is that it has trim on inside of the hole and it sure doesn't look like someone cut it. almost looks original or at least a pro did that, thats why i don't think it was cut

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
A true shaker hood doesn't have those small holes. ust the one big one. And the point in the rear doesn't match up with the mustang or torino shaker. Its on the wrong end. The only shaker I've seen with that shape is the trans am.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah yeah i see what you mean. the shape isn't right at all, so lets go with it was cut. problem solved!

·
Registered
254 Posts
put a shaker on that beast!!!! it'll look beautiful

·
0 Posts
There wasn't a factory shaker option on the Mustang II, nor even a functional hood scoop option (just the non-functional Cobra and King Cobra scoops).

If it's nicely trimmed and done well, that just shows that whoever did the work had good craftsmanship, I'd use it with a cowl scoop to evacuate underhood heat, or a forward-facing scoop for a ram-air effect.

·
Registered
252 Posts
where can u get one of those carburator shaker scoops

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got mine for $125.00 from Ebay.
wow that seems like one heck of a deal for a shaker. id like to do something like that down the road. nigel do you have a bigger picture of your car? id like to get a better look at what you did

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.